Reload this Page >

Bus from Mexico City to Oaxaca

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 10:49 PM
Michael

I need to know how to obtain a bus ticket from Mexico city to Oaxaca from my home here in Los Angeles, California as I plan to fly to the City and immediately bus to Oaxaca and don't want to risk having to wait overnight for a bus.<BR>Thanks for the help.<BR>M.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 01:28 AM
Henry

Well you should call a Mexican travel agent. Where are you staying in Oaxaca? Ask your hotel there to sort it out, maybe. But I would just buy it when you get there. What happens of your plane is delayed? Also, you could get ripped off. You could get overcharged and put on a low class of bus. Buy it when you get there and chill out is my advice.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 03:55 AM
D

Go to uno.com.mx. This is the premier bus line to Oaxaca for information. It will also get you in to &quot;ticketbus&quot; which give information about many bus lines. I agree with the other person, however, what if you get delayed re: your advance ticket purchase. I don't think you will have any trouble getting to Oaxaca, however, you have a lot of options. You can just go to the northern bus terminal and you should be able to find a bus. Even if you have to go second class. There are all kinds of departures. If you have a choice take a first class, premier or de lujo. ADL, Uno, and Cristobol Colon are good lines. Another option you have is to take a bus to Puebla from the airport. This will add about 3 hours to your trip, but you can bus right from the airport. Then you can change in Puebla for Oaxaca. There are lots of options you will be able to do it one way or the other.

Old Dec 25th, 2002, 05:07 PM
Stu

Having taken a few long bus trips in Mexico, I recommend that you fly. Advertised on-board toilets may not be working, and you won't know until you need one. If your bus stops at a town along the way, you may find the facilities too filthy to use. You'll wish you had flown, and you'd be right - but too late.

Old Dec 25th, 2002, 05:18 PM
D

I really disagree with Stu on this. I travel long distance in Mexico on buses on a regular basis. In particular, if you take &quot;Uno&quot; from Mexico City to Oaxaca the buses are immaculate, there is beverage service, fully reclining seats, entertainment, etc. Likewise, if you travel first class there are separate very clean bathrooms in each station, although in most cases the regular bathrooms are fine too. My bus experience, except for a 14 hour trip from Oaxaca City to Huatulco, have been fine. This one was an exception because it is a tourturous route. From Mexico City to Oaxaca if you go Uno or a first class line you go right down the new toll highway. No problem.

Old Oct 14th, 2003, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand that buses can be reserved by phone too. I am in the process to do it. I also was told that the UNO are excellet with on board toillet and sodas , mineral water, coffee and TV. IT is a long drive six hours so a toillet on board, a working one, seems to be a must.
As I understand there are like five different kind of buses, like Excecutive or UNO, de luxe, 1 st nd 2 nd and then even a 3 rd class may be this explains the different experiences. The one way ticket in Uno Mexico to Oaxaca is like 42 dollars.
Buen viaje.
Old Oct 15th, 2003, 09:35 AM

Hi, I have bought a few minutes ago my tickets from MExico to Oaxaca, I did it by phone.
I called at o11 52 5 133 2424 and paying with my credit card I bought the tickets, including reserved seats of course. There was a charge of
$5 per ticket, to me more than worth it.I bought the best possible service the UNO , -6 hours is no joke,- at a cost of 435 pesos per ticket + the service charge.
Tickets will be waiting up to half an hour before in the bus terminal in Mexico. I am delighted because this way I got good front seats and I feel I am avoiding all the hazzle ... Good luck.
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 10:50 AM

Hi. I was on the website for Ticketbus to look into tickets from Mexico City to Oaxaca and back. I found Oaxaca in the list of destinations but couldn't find Mexico City (either at Ciudad de Mexico or aeropuerto). Can anyone tell me how it's listed? I will need to leave from the Mexico City airport to Oaxaca but will be coming back from Oaxaca to Mexico City. This is the website that I used:

http://www.ticketbus.com.mx

Also, I noticed that some people recommended buying tickets once you get to Mexico as opposed to booking in advance. Is this advisable for travel on a Friday or will the buses be packed with locals leaving town for the weekend? My plan (at the moment) is travel in January.
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 11:10 AM

Hi Michael, I just retturned from Mexico. We took several buses, Mexcico City to Oaxaca on the UNo, Oaxaca to Puebla on the ADO GL and the same from Puebla to Mexcico city. All buses were superb. Very good. We bought the UNO by phone from home in the US, paying a service fee we got the numer from the internet , the number is
52 5 1332424. The guy was very help'ful and it was very simple. We paid with our Amex, and then went to the bus station in Mexico, TAPO, half and hour earlier and picked up the ticket. Very efficient. They have their own VIP room inside the terminal with their own rest rooms, free coffee , newspapers etc.
The bus, the UNO, was the best service they offer, not expensive at all, and has a one, two seat disposition and two bathrooms one for men one for women. All there are free sodas and water on board. Seats are like those of a plane or better, they give you small pillows and a light blanket.
My advice is go by bus. You can buy buy phone if you wish to be sure to have a seat or you can buy it when you get there, by phone you can reserve too but in this case I guess you have to be two hours earlier to buy the ticket. Good luck.
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 11:13 AM

the buses in Mexico are the best, with the possible exception of those in Turkey.
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 11:25 AM

Try

www.uno.com.mx
and www.adogl.com.mx