Search

Bucerias, Mx - info needed

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2011, 11:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bucerias, Mx - info needed

Staying for 2 wks in Oct. at Flamingos. Heard that the town of Bucerias is right next door. Is it a short distance walking? or do we need to take a cab. Also any help in recommending restaurants in town? Is the mega grocery store near by? Are there any buses that run in that vicinity? Any help is much appreciated.
Old Feb 21st, 2011, 05:36 PM

Hi Sinkevich,just returned from the Vallarta area 4 days ago, and already looking forward to next year's trip. Bucerias is a lovely little beach town; It isn't walking distance from Flamingo resort, but it is a fairly short bus ride. Don't be afraid to take the local bus to Bucerias and a little farther north to Sayulitas...sand is like liquid gold, and the laid back attitude of these beach towns is very refreshing.
Yes, there is a Mega store nearby, but I can't tell you the distance. Again, a reasonable bus ride.
In Bucerias, be sure to eat at a beachside restaurant called Fat Bobs...guacamole to die for.
You will find many english-speaking visitors who are more than willing to help you with directions and dining tips. We ran into a young couple from Canada who had been there for several months, and they guided us through the streets of Bucerias and told us how to get around and where to eat.
Since you have two weeks, I would highly recommend you see as much of the area as possible. We took a City Tour of Puerto Vallarta, which was very informative. You might see if there is something like that for the northern towns.
Also, check out the reviews online for Rhythm of the Night, which is a boatride out to an island, dinner overlooking the bay, and a wonderful show. Reviews were great, the evening was better than I could have expected.
Have a great Time!
Old Feb 22nd, 2011, 06:50 AM

If it's Villa del Palmar Flamingos, Bucerias is quite close, see map:
http://vallartainfo.com/bucerias.html
Unfortunately we have 3 different location with the name Flamingos in the area.
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Original Poster

yes, it is the Villa del Palmar Flamingos. Can I assume that we can walk there from the hotel?
Old Feb 25th, 2011, 08:49 AM

It's about half a mile to the outskirts of Bucerias.