Conchas Chinas area of Puerto Vallarta?

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 08:43 AM
Tag

Conchas Chinas area of Puerto Vallarta?

We will be staying in the Conchas Chinas area of PV and we are interested in knowing how close we will be to Old Town, restaurants and shopping.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 09:50 AM
Clarisa

Conchas Chinas is simply the next area south and up onto the hill from Olas Altas (street name) parallel behind Playa Los Muertos (main local beach).

It's hard to say "how close" without knowing your exact location~~ I'll guess a 10-30 mins. on foot or 5-10 min. taxi ride to get either~~ to downtown called "El Centro" and/or the neighborhood "south of the river" which I've always called Old Town (but lately seen debate on a couple travel BB's as to what part of town exactly this refers to).

So I'll just say the central area both north and south of the Rio Cuale has loads of great shopping and restaurants. The local bus is 4 peso and taxis 25-30 pesos within town (probably a bit more if you're coming in a stretch on the highway).

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Anon

Where are you staying. Concha Chinas Beach is below the Restaurant El Set and Lindo Mar T.S. Developement. There is a residential Area on the other side of the road set up on the Hill.

You can walk to the Old Town. I have done it and it was 30 minutes to do so
not very comfortable as no sidewalks and many cars.

The bus is very inexpensive and comes by every 20 minutes. P.V. has a wonderful public transportation system that takes you everywhere.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 09:37 AM
walk to town

I'd plan on using bus and/or taxis.

They are quite reasonable. You could *in theory* walk to town either on the side of the highway (not so safe~ fast traffic, no sidewalks, etc.) or via the beach (would take 45+ mins).

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 02:36 PM
Nick

Good area to stay for convenience, - we stayed at Hotel Playa Conchas Chinas - if you are there can provide further details, but I would not recommend it. Past its sell by date and the air conditioner switched on was like having a out of tune truck in your room.

Old Jan 25th, 2003, 12:27 PM
Kathy

We also will be staying in Conchas Chinas area - our first trip to PV. Has any stayed at Casa Tres Vidas there? Or does any one know about it?
Thanks!