Bosque del Cabo: Deluxe vs. Standard Cabins?

Old May 20th, 2004, 05:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bosque del Cabo: Deluxe vs. Standard Cabins?

Based on everyone's comments, we had our hopes up for a deluxe cabin for our honeymoon. But we just found out that only standard cabins will be available. Does anyone know the difference between the two in terms of amenities, size, views, etc.? Thanks in advance.
Old May 21st, 2004, 08:06 PM

The deluxe wasn't all that deluxe. Nice shower and bathroom, but defnitely not 'fancy.' I would ask Bosque the difference.

One couple said something about a very low wattage light bulb in their standard cabin.
Old May 22nd, 2004, 05:42 AM

We stayed at Bosque last summer and looked at both a deluxe and standard cabin. the only difference between the two that we saw was that the deluxe had a small lamp and a little better view. They were both similar in size and outside appearance. We absolutely loved Bosque but please know that that even the deluxe cabins are rather rustic.It is a romantic place if you love wildlife and being away from it all, but not for the deluxe cabins. Also, since you mentioned honeymoon you do know that you eat dinner at long tables with everyone who is staying there and that that could include children. You eat breakfast and lunch alone but dinner is with a group. Email Bosque and ask the difference in the cabins awailable for your time period. The cabin that we had with electricity had a problem so we ended up bringing the lantern back to our cabin anyway because we wanted to read at night. Bring a strong flashlight. It is very dark there at night. The reason I mention the children was that we were very surprised to see that many there. There was a three year old, some teenagers and then someone arrived with eleven year old twins.Since you eat with everyone just keep that in mind.This was during the summer so maybe it is not like that all the time. It was still our favorite place after three trips to Costa Rica, and one of the places we do plan to return to.
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 06:22 PM

We were there in Feb in a standard cabin and loved it! The view was just awesome and I believe as good as any of the "deluxe" cabins. Yes, it is rustic, but very romantic and the outside shower is lovely - with monkeys watching you. Great food - terrific wildlife - so peaceful. You'll love it!
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 06:50 PM

In Jan/Feb there were no children. There is one deluxe cabina at the end of the property that has an outside bathtub. That would be worth the deluxe, in my opinion.