Bosque Del Cabo Costa Rica-cabins

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed in the deluxe cabins overlooking the ocean. We have booked a week long trip to Bosque and were wondering if the Mariposa or the Tucan are good choices. Or if you have any suggestions, I'd be very appreciative. We are people who love to view wildlife.
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 08:45 AM

Those are both good choices; Tucan is a cabin with a loft. I don't believe Mariposa has a loft, but it's sort of known as the honeymoon cabin because it's on the end and has a little more privacy. We stayed in Tucan, so feel free to ask me any questions. Really, it's hard to go wrong at BdC though; you can view wildlife from any cabin, and the views are amazing.
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 09:42 AM

crl, I forgot to mention that these two cabins have bathtubs; some don't - don't know if that's important to you. Also Congo has a beautiful view of a neat arched rock formation out in the water - it's a very popular cabin.
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your input. I actually just returned from CR, and was staying next door at El Remanso, which was a lovely property, but not quite as beautiful as BDC. So I did see the Tucan, but not the Mariposa. Thanks for the tip about the Congo!
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 02:46 PM

I had tried to book Congo for our trip, but it was booked 8 months ahead of time for someone's anniversary! It was funny when we met them, and we told them they "stole" the cabin we wanted. Tucan turned out to be great though; one day, I saw a troop of howlers go by, followed by a troop of capuchins, followed by a troop of spider monkeys - really cool. Also scarlet macaws fly by every afternoon like clockwork.
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 03:55 PM

My fave is Congo, followed by Lapa, for views alone. Mariposa is a a little larger than those 2, and has a tub, but the view is a little limited (but of course still great!) I will be in Tucan in May, but as said I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

There are a lot of pics in these 3 albums but all have pics of various cabinas to give you an idea - http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...&y=-af3vt6
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 07:33 PM

I would definitely be happy with any of the cabinas, deluxe or standard, but I know people have their favorites. We thought our cabina, Gecko, was great and had a wonderful view. But, we decided we didn't really need a deluxe for our trip in March/April and are staying in Pizote. It will actually be better for us as instead of my daughter and I sharing a king we can have our own beds!
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 04:30 AM

Hip, so right. Everyone does seem to have their favorite. We too, were in Gecko and I had a hard time just pulling myself away from the porch! Great view, tons of birds and monkeys. Fabulous

We made friends that were in standard ocean view cabins, those were different, but were also very appealing. I would certainly be happy in these.

Such a wonderful place to be.
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 04:38 AM

tully,

Thanks, I enjoyed your photo's. We'll be at BdC for 4 nights in July. I wasn't told which cabina we have. I know it's deluxe with a loft for the kids. I hate to bother them with another email asking which one. All of them seen real nice anyway. Did you really have a gecko in the cabina? Now I have something new to worry about!!!

Can't wait!
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 08:23 AM

CBA422 -- LOL! No, we didn't have a Gecko in our cabina...but we did have a cute little bat living on the shelf in our bathroom for a couple of days. Don't worry, they don't bother you. We also had a colorful land crab living on our deck until the mower got it on day. At least we think it was "Bob", that's what my daughter had named it.

I think there are 3 cabinas with lofts, maybe 4. They all appear to be great!
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 08:44 AM

Yep, there are 3 with lofts Manglillo, Tucan, and "the other one" - I always forget the name of that one!
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 09:44 AM

La Palma, I think. . .
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 10:43 AM

Thanks....I feel a little better.....I think! I can handle most wildlife as long as they are slow moving. My husband is still shaking his head wondering how I planned a trip with so much wildlife when I am afraid of my own shadow! This should be one interesting vacation.

Thanks for all the info!

Old Feb 27th, 2008, 10:53 AM

no no no - Gecko's are good! They eat insects, invite them in! They are rather territorial though, so if you hear this weird chirping noise it's most likely 2 of them battling for the rights to your cabina - look at like you're being fought over I will take more pics in May, staying in Tucan.
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 12:44 PM

tully,

I'll keep repeating ..... Gecko's are good, Gecko's are good!
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 01:39 PM

CBA, when in July???
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 02:43 PM

CBA, a bat makes you feel better than a gecko? Really?! We didn't get any creepies in our cabin other than tiny moths. There is mosquito netting if that makes you feel better.

Shillmac, thanks for the tip on the other name - that rings a bell.
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 02:52 PM

vgirl -- Ha-ha! Now I do remember waking up to a gecko on the outside of our netting one morning! I love those little things.
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 02:56 PM

shillmac,
We're arriving on July 6th for 4 nights.

volcanogirl,
I don't even want to think about the bats. Please tell me the mosquito netting helps to keep everything away!!!

I think my kids will enjoy having 'pets' in the cabina!
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 03:29 PM

Just got back from BDC, stayed in Casa Blanca and didn't have too many critters. We did find one lizard poop in the kitchen, saw the lizard, not sure if it was a gecko because it was about 10 inches long and seemed to live in a door frame. We had a very cute little rodent (perhaps a mouse living in the shutter) and the only problem with bats was for about 5 minutes at sunset when they went bonkers on the deck and I had to run for cover! I fell in love with what I thought were fireflies, Philip told me they are a type of beatle. Anyways, they have glowing green eyes and a rear end that lights up, very cool! Have fun!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -