Booze legal brought INTO Mexico???

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Craig

Booze legal brought INTO Mexico???

Just curious if it is legal to bring booze (1-2 bottles) into Mexico (Cancun) on a flight? Also curious about cigars! Has anyone ever done this???

Thanks!
Craig

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 01:25 PM
Nancy

Hi Craig,
You can take personal use liquor into Mexico, we have done so many times, but we have found that you can get almost all types of name brand liquors for the same if not cheaper prices as in the States.
You can take cigars in and out (but don't even TRY to bring Cuban cigars back to the States if you are from here. We got detained and grilled by an agent in Miami for bringing some from the Bahamas).

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 03:22 PM
lupe

Yes, it's legal to bring alcohol back into the US. My mother in law just brought us back a box w/a dozen bottles of tequila back in. Although, I think there is a limit. Maybe 6 bottles per person. Depends on the official at the airport, (Mexican)

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 07:00 PM
Monica

Yes you can bring I believe one bottle per person. Hard to find good gin there and the whiskey is very very expensive. Tequilla and kaluha you can get good prices. Can bring in 1 carton of cigarettes, cigars ok, just not sure of how many. Plenty of the both can be bought there and cheaper so why bring in?

Old Aug 19th, 2002, 08:32 AM
Dubbie

You can bring it, but why? Instead wait and buy some Cuban rum or some good Tequilla, maybe Don Julio or beer- Negra Modelo. Also Mexican wine can be quite good- Chateau Domenq- When you visit Mexico why not enjoy what you can get there?