Search

Black Rock Lodge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 12:16 PM
Monica

Black Rock Lodge

Has anyone stayed at Black Rock Lodge? Any opinions?

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 12:37 PM
s

you might want to mention the city/country.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 03:34 PM
Monica

Sorry. Black Rock Lodge in Belize. Do they have electricity in their cabanas? Also, any opinions on Black Rock vs. Windy Hill?

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 03:52 PM
vanessa

I went to have a look at Black rock last year and it looked lovely , very out of the way , very relaxing...the river was a little too far for my liking ´tho , you had to walk down the hill. I didn´t sleep there so can´t give you any more info

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 03:58 PM
WildBill

Went to Belize last December and while I didn't stay at Black Rock, there promotional literature makes it look fairly promising. I believe Black Rock is right near the boarder with Guat. and was the site of some kind of attack/crime scene late in December. You might want to do a search on yahoo.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 11:20 AM
Monica

Thank you very much for that information. Black Rock looks like a nice place, but I'm a little weary about staying there knowing that it was the site of an attack (I did look it up on yahoo). Any opinions about Windy Hill? Or, can anyone recommend any other lodges? We wanted to stay at Blancaneux, but it seems to be booked.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 11:50 AM
Katie Valk

Take a look at both duPlooys or Chaa Creek, on the same river as Black Rock, 4 miles closer to town. Windy Hill is a nice well run lodge, but is not a jungle lodge and is right off the main road. <BR><BR>

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Lan Sluder

As Katie notes (thanks again for the hospitality and ride to the airport yesterday, Katie!) Windy Hill really isn't a jungle lodge. It's right at the edge of San Ignacio.<BR><BR>I just stayed at Blancaneaux last week, and it's as good as ever. If you want the Pine Ridge experience but Blancaneaux is booked, or if it's too pricey for you, try Five Sisters just down the way from Blancaneaux. Very nice.<BR><BR>Ek'Tun, which is right across the river from Black Rock, is absolutely fantastic. It has the best swimming pool in Belize -- a lovely natural mineral water pool in a private setting, just you and the howler monkeys.<BR><BR>In Cayo cottage country, you can't go wrong with Chaa Creek, and duPlooy's is pretty good, too. <BR><BR>--Lan Sluder<BR>Belize First<BR>www.belizefirst.com