Reload this Page >

Best Jungle Lodge in Belize?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 08:42 PM
Tom

Let me hear your opinion: What is the best jungle lodge to stay at in terms of beautiful grounds/location/ proximity to ruins and wildlife? Also, prefer it to cost under $100 for two. Thanks!!

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 04:54 AM
Katie Valk

What time of year? A few of the better lodges have different types of rooms at lower costs than their upper tier rooms. I prefer the Cayo district for it's beauty and vast diversity and think Chaa Creek or duPlooys would be two lodges to take a look at. CC has an upscale jangle camp and duPlooys has a guest house with shared bath. But the better rooms will be over 100.00, even in low season.

Old Aug 29th, 2002, 03:05 PM
Tom

It would be in December - the 9th-11th or so. Another question is which of the lodges is easiest to get to? We'll be relying on public transportation - bus I suppose, from Belize City. The lodge doesn't have to be top-of-the-line; just comfortable and well-located. Thanks again.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 01:55 PM
vivi

We stayed recently at Windy Hill and were very happy there. It is not exactly a "jungle lodge" but it has nice grounds and we had our own cabana with a hammock, cable tv and a fridge for under $100 a night. There was horseback riding on premesis and it is conveniently located. They picked us up at the airport and we arranged all our tours through them, which were great! Through the tours we got to spend time in the jungle, going to ruins, experiencing the wild life, etc.

Old Sep 2nd, 2002, 02:35 PM
Heather

Try Mopan River Resort. They have a web sight. We loved it.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 12:01 PM
pjr

We enjoyed Banana Bank Lodge in the Cayo District outside Belmopan. Depending on how many people, it is under $100. I think we payed $120/night for three. They have a web site if you want to check it out. As for wild life, jaguar named Tika, howler monkeys, macaws, and horses. Many birds, and saw crocodiles while horseback riding.