Notices

best canopy tour in MA?

Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 02:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best canopy tour in MA?

We are trying to figure out the best canopy tour in MA. We are looking for the most adventurous, highest, longest tour. We read that the Tiki tour is very tame. Which would you recommend the Canopy Safari, the Dream Forest, or the Iguana Tour for a Zip line canopy tour? Are they all safe? Also can someone recommend a cayononing tour. We heard that Pacific Ecotours does a caynoning tour but we cant find any information on them.
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 03:08 PM

I really liked Canopy Safari, have used them twice. Although they kept it fun & always joking around they were very safety conscious and made me feel very safe. Haven't tried the others so can't comment.

In the MA area, not sure about canyoning. I used a company once, don't remember their name, but I would not recommend anyway. They seemed just like 2 guys & a truck, no actually company or anything. We had very little safety talk and some of the walks up and rappels down we did were very unsafe. Whomever you use I would ask about their certifications etc.
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 04:04 PM

I'm with tully... Canopy Safari was EXCELLENT. I didn't use the other companies you mentioned, but I had done other ziplines in another area in CR and I liked Canopy Safari a lot better. The guys were really, really fun, and yet extremely safety-conscious, as tully said. They also encouraged us to try doing the ziplines upside-down, which I finally did (totally a rush... you have to try it!)
Old Oct 26th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your help. I have read 2 different advertisments for Canyoning but I can not find any one that has done it. We are really looking for adrenaline rush type of tours so we thought canyoning would be the way to go. Are their any other tours that you would recommed. we are all in excellet shape and willing to try the more adventurous tours.
Old Oct 26th, 2007, 07:43 PM

I know there's waterfall rappelling in Arenal, and also I believe on the Osa peninsula... but I'm not sure if there is anywhere to do this in MA. Is that the only place you'll be?
Old Oct 26th, 2007, 07:46 PM

i just found this old bookmark... for canyoning in/near MA -- not sure if this still exists, but thought i'd pass it on... i can't recommend them and i don't know anything about it, however:

http://www.puertoquepos.com/ecotourism/canyoning.html