canopy tour recommendations

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 01:43 PM
Sandra

canopy tour recommendations

We are going to be staying at Arenal, Monteverde, Manuel Antonio and Tamarindo. Which would be best spot for a canopy tour? (must be safe, reputable company) What about "skywalk" or aerial tram?

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 06:55 PM
sara

We just got back from Costa Rica and took a Canopy Tour with Canopy Safari out of Quepos. They were excellent, professional and I felt very safe. We had a great time !

Have fun!

Old Feb 6th, 2003, 10:33 PM

I did the Sky Trek in the lush primary cloud forest of Monteverde. Safe & fun.
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 02:08 AM

If you want a REAL canopy tour deep in the rainforest go to http://www.riosparaiso.com. These are really long and really high cables. They are the only ones certified by the worldwide association of alpinism in safety. Absolute fantastic. Makes the others in Manuel Antonio/Quepos look like "bunny slopes". Its located at Destination Paradise/adventures at RioSparaiso, Quepos.
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 06:49 AM

The above posters all mention the zip-line variety of canopy tours, which may be what you're interested in... but since you mentioned SkyWalk and the aerial tram maybe you weren't looking for the same type of thing. The ziplines are great fun... an adrenaline rush. However, if you also want to be up in the canopy and take your time enjoying the scenery without wearing a harnass, there are those alternatives you mention. I didn't go on the SkyWalk, but went on something similar at a place called Selvatura in the Monteverde area; it was wonderful.
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 05:46 PM
JKP

We booked a tour that included both the Sky Walk and Sky Trek as a day trip from Arenal and had a great time. They picked us up from our hotel and we did a short ferry ride (25 min) across Lake Arenal followed by a 1 1/2 - 2 hour car ride to Monteverde. Say what you will about the road to Monteverde, but the scenery is beautiful. When we arrived we went on a morning sky walk (nature hike through trails and over suspended bridges). We had a fabulous guide (Bernardo) who really knew the land, animals, and flora of Monteverde. We saw many species of birds, including the Quetzal, Howler monkeys played in the trees above our heads, and the view was spectacular. When the tour was over, we had a quick lunch (included in the tour) and then headed off to the zip line (SKY TREK). This is not for the faint of heart, but a lot of fun if you are willing to go for it. I felt very safe. The guides again, were great. We encountered some extra clouds and wind, so they did the last 2 lines tandem (one guide and one guest at a time). There are 10 or 11 platforms in all. It was a blast, but don't expect to see any wildlife as you are zipping through the trees. I guess that's why I liked doing both of the tours. They were very different views of the same area. I would highly recommend it. Whatever you do, have a great time. I can't wait to go back!
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 07:27 AM

We are 2 seniors and will be staying in the Playa Conchal area in early March.We are interested in a canopy tour via aerial tram car or ski lift,not harness and cable.Are there any in the Conchal area??? Thanks.