Search

RAINMAKER tour in CR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2004, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAINMAKER tour in CR

Would very much appreciate hearing from folks who have done this river walk and canopy tour (non-zip-line) I've tried to get info about this on the posts in the past, but not much response. Thank you!
Old Jul 12th, 2004, 07:24 AM

Hi!
My husband and I did this tour last summer. It was nice, very interesting. If you want to see more, and my photos of it, check out my travelogue on my website:
http://www.wired2theworld.com
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 12:15 PM

My wife and I took the Rainmaker tour in April. It's a very nice hike up a small stream to a great [and cool] swimming hole. After that there are a few canopy bridges - a bit wobbly, your basic aluminum ladder with boards laid over, all supported by ropes.

The tour guide was good and the meals [breakfast and lunch] were excellent!
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Original Poster

Rogerb-- Thanks very much for responding. If you wouldn't mind, I've got a few more questions about Rainmaker. Where did you go to it from? How long was the ride to get to it? Is the drive itself handsome? The wobbly bridge idea gives me some pause. I'm definitely acrophobic, but I'd be sorry to be in Costa Rica and do nothing "canopy" at all. Did you happen to do Hanging Bridges in Arenal? How do the two compare? After the swimming hole, does one just put clothes on top of the wet bathing suits or what? Thanks!
Old Jul 15th, 2004, 03:40 AM

poss, I hate to scare you away from the Rainmaker tour because I really loved it. However, the main hanging bridge on this tour is very long, narrow, and only 2 people can be on it at a time. It bounces a little as you walk and is very high above the canopy. You might freak if you're truly acrophobic. Personally, I LOVED this bridge! But I don't have a fear of heights. Others might want to weigh in here.

As you said, it would be a shame to not be in the canopy at some point in CR, but this might not be your best bet. I haven't been to the bridges at Arenal, and perhaps these might be better suited to you. I did walk the bridges at Selvatura in Monteverde, and you could do those... perhaps someone knows if the ones in Arenal are comparable to the Selvatura ones.

Since you asked, the Rainmaker tour is close to Quepos / Manuel Antonio. It's about a 25 min ride from MA (if I recall right). After you swim, there is no place to change, so you'd wear your bathing suit if you want to swim (we didn't go in).