Search

Beach at Aventura Spa?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beach at Aventura Spa?

Can anyone settle this? I am finding conflicting information on different sites. Does the Aventura Spa have a beach or not?? Is it a swimmable beach??
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 11:44 AM

Do a text search here on Aventura SPa. You'll find a lot of posts mentioning the (non-existent) beach. However, they do mention a lagoon (I believe manmade) on the property.
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 02:19 PM

The Adventura Spa does not have a beach, but they do have free shuttles which run to the other Palace properties with beaches. There is a lagoon, where you can snorkel and kayak. The pool areas are very nice and is the accomodations. The service is excellent and the spa is wonderful.
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 02:29 PM

If you will write to me I'll be glad to send you the pictures of the beach I just received today....there is a beach...beautiful
[email protected]
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 10:16 AM

I just came back from there 2 weeks ago. There is definitately no beach. the lagoons are kind of smelly. I love to snorkel and would not go in them as there are no fish in them..The kayaks are ok but the lagoon are small and there is really no where to go. The other resorts are far away (like 1/2 - 1 hour) except for Xpu-ha Palace which you need to take a $6 taxi to because the shuttle runs in the other direction. This is not meant as a rant since I otherwise enjoyed ASP but it's not a beach place by any means and someone going there expecting a beach vacation would be VERY dissappointed.
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 03:30 PM

I liked the beach-lagoon, man made or not. The hotel says on their web site they have 13,000 feet in an inlet of beautiful turquoise water bordering 660 feet of white sand. Sure it doesn't get the waves from the ocean because the way the rocks form the little inlet. I went to the beach in Cancun via the hotels shuttle but it was so choppy and the undertow was so bad that I didn't go in further than my anklels. May I add that I am a pretty strong swimmer being a lifeguard and I was on the swim team through college. Like the other poster I went to the Palace's sister property next door ( a 4 minute taxi ride) and used their beach as well as their little lagoon to snorklel, very enjoyable. But would I choose that hotel over the Aventura, no way! Theres a reason why the free shuttle doesn't stop at the Xupa-Ha Palace. I loved the Aventura I'm going again at Easter less than 6 months after my first visit. Good luck with your choice.