Search

small beach resort in Bermuda ...all inclusive

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2003, 04:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
small beach resort in Bermuda ...all inclusive

Hi....
Has anyone stayed at a small (not a Princess) beach resort in Bermuda that has beachfront accomodations....is not a large highrise and is all inclusive....preferably a family-owned resort if that is possible with a good beach. We are seniors and do not need a place with a lot of activity....just a lovely environment.
Appreciate any advice that comes this way.
Many thanks!
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 06:09 PM

I love Cambridge Beaches. It is very pricey, but perfect! The grounds are incredible, and include 3 lovely beaches. There is also both an outdoor and indoor pool in a gorgeous spa. I like the location, as well, which is close to the Naval Dockyard, and the resort offers shuttles to the city every other day. Breakfast, tea, and dinner on the dine-around plan are included. Hope you and Yiayia have a wonderful vacation!
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 04:26 AM

Try the forum of the BOP...Bermuda Obsessed People..
http://server2.ezboard.com/bbermudashortsforum
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 05:00 AM

Bermuda is the island of cottage colonies! Yes, Cambridge is the orginal one. I have not stayed at The Pompano, but it has a small beach, amd many repeat guests. We stay at The Surfside Beach Club, very low key, very nice. Not as pricey as some! It has outstanding views as it is perched above the water. It has a lovely beach, although it is not always there, as the sand is affected by the winds. It is a tiered property, so there are quite a few steps, etc to the beach. It has a small pool, lovely little restaurant The Palms. Some of the rooms have well equipped kitchens.

The only all incusive hotel, not a cottage colony, , is Harmony Hall. It is accross the street from a nice beach, I think they now have a shuttle service. Other spots to check out would be Pink Beach Club, The Reefs, Ariel Sands, Munroe Cottages. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 06:02 AM

Stonington Beach Hotel is right on Elbow beach, is smallish and offers all-inclusive plans.
Old Aug 1st, 2003, 06:50 AM
kendall

The Reefs is a low-rise hotel. I know someone who went there last July for their honeymoon and loved it. They said the hotel was not crowded at all.

Old Aug 1st, 2003, 06:55 AM
kendall

Website for the The Reefs. www.thereefs.com