Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Are beach towels provided at Si Como No?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My guide book says to bring my own, but I would much rather not since they take up so much space and I'm attempting to pack lightly.
Also- does Makanda provide towels?
TIA!
Old Nov 29th, 2005, 04:52 PM

I don't remember what we did for beach towels when we were at Si Como No in 2003. Surely they were provided. In 2004 we were at Hotel California and checked out towels for the beach. I would think the more expensive hotels would have a similar arrangement. We've never ever packed towels to take and have spent the majority of our time on the beach. Don't worry about it!
Old Nov 29th, 2005, 04:53 PM

Good grief, did I really just say "never ever"???? What a goober!
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 05:28 AM
Original Poster

Thanks!! I emailed them yesterday morning, but I haven't heard back. I'm going to hope they do! Otherwise, we might buy some bc they take up waaaay too much room. Surely they wouldn't be too expensive.
But I'm going to guess they will have them (especially considering the price of the rooms)
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 06:29 AM

In our travels to CR - sometimes they were provided, sometimes not.

But yes you will find a few vendors and shops where beach towels can be purchased and of course you will need souvenirs.

Something I learned (actually here on this forum) - I pack a sarong - they are large, but lightweight - I can use them for anything from beach towel/beach mat to a dress/skirt.

Another item I first heard of here - is a Neat Sheet, purchased 2 just the other day in the sale/markdown section at WalMart. Great lightweight beach blanket of sorts, sand does not stick to them.
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 08:23 AM

I stayed at SCN in June '04- I don't remember if I got a "beach" towel or if we used the plushy bath towels in the room- I seem to remember we checked a larger towel out(???)from the front desk.

Reguardless- We did not go towelless to the park. Keep in mind- one does not really "lay out" in CR- at least not for long so you don't need the supersized towels so popular at home
Old Nov 30th, 2005, 09:40 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I always buy a beach towel after I arrive (Mexico, Hawaii, etc.) Sometimes I bring it home as a souvenier and sometimes leave it behind. I don't stay at nice enough hotels that they offer beach towel service.

I consider a sarong as mentioned above an absolute necessity and it can double as beach towel until you buy one.