Search

Apts in BA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apts in BA

I'm in the planning period for a trip to BA. I sometimes see references to renting an apt in BA. May I get some specifics on this - how, cost, convenience in location, etc.? This board is an amazing place for information and I appreciate you sharing yours with me.
Old Sep 28th, 2006, 05:31 PM

I don't know yet, but we are staying at Art Suites in Recoleta. I found the reviews to be very positive and you can't beat the price? Though we have not been yet! Oct. 20 -29th. I will give a report upon return. This hotel/apt makes complete sense to me. We were going to stay at a 5 star and spend a lot of $$$ to be in the area. We have the location plus full kitchen and twice the space to relax. I hope it works out. We rented an apt in Paris our last trip and was the best experience ever. You can Google artsuites BA. Hope that helps
Old Sep 28th, 2006, 05:59 PM

This is one of the apartment rental sites that is spoken of on here.
http://www.apartmentsba.com

We are also staying at the ArtSuites www.artsuites.com.ar but that is more of an all suites hotel than an apt..where you would not have room service, maid service, doorman etc.
Scottstig, we also rented an apt on our last stay in Paris lol.
Old Sep 29th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Original Poster

Scottstig and Scarlett - thanks for the information. I too rented an apt over the internet in Nice and it was wonderful - location and everything. However since so many mention apts here, it would be reassuring to have one recommended or at least a service recommended. Since you are both going to BA before I do, I'll look for your trip report and for the 'insiders' info on ArtSuites.

Happy Travels to both of you.

I would like to here from anyone else who has done this or has information to share.

Old Sep 29th, 2006, 06:02 PM

We're also thinking of renting an apt., but are a bit apprehensive, and are afraid that the pictures on the websites disguise shabby interiors, and bad plumbing. Would love to hear positive reviews here. We hope you have a great time and looking forward to your impressions. Thanks.
Old Sep 30th, 2006, 06:48 AM

I travel to Buenos Aires regularly and frequently stay in apartments, particularly if for longer trips of a week or more. I have experience with:

www.artsuites.com.ar Owned by a family of architects and run by members of the family and close associates. More an apart-hotel than a true apartment rental, but a ready-made no brainer for those looking for the convenience of a hotel and the space of an apartment....

www.internetaparmentzone.com Owned by Argentine natives who now live in Miami. They own and rent condos in Florida and several other places, including Buenos Aires.

www.apartmentsba.com Owned by an expat Americano now living in BsAs...this agency has been featured in several US newpapers and tv shows...

www.shortstayinba.com A two bedroom apartment in a very nice part of Palermo. 24/7 security. Portero or resident manager on duty and a local manager who assists the owners, who live in New York.

I have had great experiences with each of these rentals. Never had a problem with return of deposits....never had a problem with the apartment that wasn't dealt with right away (gas oven would not light...turns out it was my fault for now knowing how to operate the thing properly....even so, the owners paid for the service call).....