Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Anyone stayed at Le Meridien in Cancun lately?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 11:10 AM
Amy

We're booked there for later this month thru a package consolidator that offered many different hotel options. They were apparently running a special because the package price offered for Le Meridien was similar to Krystal and other lower rated hotels. In looking at the pictures (Expedia has the 'virtual tours') Le Meridien appears stuffy and perhaps 'overdone'? We do have the option of changing hotel in the next couple of days. Can anyone offer their advice? <BR>We're 4 women (late 20's) looking for relaxation, Mexican ambiance (if that's possible in Cancun), nice pool and beach area, and outdoor area for running/jogging. <BR>Thanks!

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 04:35 PM
Diana

I've stayed at Le Meridien 3 times in the past 2 years. You will love it. Definitely not &quot;stuffy&quot;. The pool/beach area is beautiful. There is a sidewalk which runs in front of all the hotels, which you could run on, but nothing other than that. Treat yourselves to a Spa treatment- heavenly!<BR>I travel often and am very picky. You won't be disappointed.

Old Dec 30th, 2002, 04:52 PM
Amy

Diana - thanks for the positive note! I feel better already. Another question since you've had some experience there... We've only reserved a 'Superior' room which is the standard room there - no balcony. I've read some reviews on other sites that these rooms not only lack balcony but many don't have an ocean view. Would you recommend upgrading to a 'Deluxe' with balcony? Also, how was the poolside food? Thanks for any of your insights!<BR>Amy

Old Dec 31st, 2002, 08:26 AM
amy

TTT!

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 05:53 AM
Diana

Amy, <BR>First of all, let me explain that the hotel is situated sideways to the ocean.<BR>That means that all rooms have some ocean view. Keeping in mind that the hotel is &quot;sideways&quot;, request a room towards the front of the hotel. <BR>The only difference between &quot;superior&quot; and &quot;deluxe&quot; is the balcony. The view is the same. As for the poolside restaurant, the food is delicious and is reasonably priced.