Reload this Page >

Any all-inclusive resort ideas?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 1999, 08:31 AM
amy

For our Christmas (actually a 4-5 day extended weekend before), our family wants a nice, all-inclusive resort package in Cozumel, Baja, etc. There are 9 adults and 8 <BR>kids, ranging age 5 to 18. We may go the <BR>Ensenada cruise route, though several of us have done that and are looking for something new. We live in So. California. We want to pay a flat rate and know that we only have to show up to eat, play etc. Any suggestions? <BR>Thanks.

Old Sep 3rd, 1999, 09:04 AM
debbie

We've been to Cozumel twice on all-inclusives so you might want to try Allegro or Club Cozumel Caribe. <BR> <BR>HOWEVER, strongly suggest you look at any of the all-inclusives in the Playacar area adjacent to PDC just across the straight from Cozumel. Either Iberostar, Riu Yucatan or Tequila or Palace, the Allegro, etc, etc. Why - not only do you get good varied meal choices (I can only speak for the Yucatan as we stayed two weeks last February) by simply showing up for breakfast/lunch/dinner. But for a cheap cab ride(s) away, oh, and an entrance fee, you also have access to some wonderful ecological parks that will give you and your family day long enjoyment with tonnes of things to do. I'm talking about Xcaret, Xel-ha or even the new Xpu-ha (shoot, can't remember how to spell it) that just opened up. <BR>Anyhow - look into all-inclusives on the Riveria Maya. <BR>

Old Sep 6th, 1999, 12:07 PM
jim bliss

On the Dominicain Republic, Jack Tar Village. Food GREAT, 4 restuarants. <BR>Nice rooms and grounds, beautiful beaches, tennis, sailing, horses,ect. <BR>Town is a 5 minute cab ride. Safe..best of all cheap!! www.jacktarr.com check it out.

Old Sep 7th, 1999, 03:49 AM
joe

I agree that the Playacar area is the place to be. The area is very clean and it's very close to Playa Del Carmen (shopping). It's also very close to Xel-Ha, Tulum and Xcaret. The beaches and water were very nice and clean. <BR> <BR>I can't, however, recommend any Allegro resorts since my wife got salmonella poisoning at the Royal Hideaway in July. My letters to the Royal Hideaway and Allegro resorts have gone unanswered, so I can only assume they didn't take this seriously. I posted a message here a couple of weeks ago about this incident. <BR> <BR>My wife and I really enjoyed the Playacar area while we were there. It was central to many things and the people were very friendly.

Old Sep 7th, 1999, 08:21 AM
Debbie

Yes, another vote for Playa del carmen. I stayed at the Iberostar and highly, estactically recommend it! It is the nicest resort of them all and it was priced about the same or just a little more but worth it.

Old Sep 7th, 1999, 11:01 AM
lynne

<BR>I have also stayed at the Jack Tar Village in the Dominican Republic and would also highly recommend it! The Dominican Republic is reasonable and very beautiful! <BR>I was there one week under the old owner and one week under Allegro. Allegro made improvements in the hotel in the week that we were there. As for the food poisoning thing...that can happen anywhere. Allegro is a reputable hotel chain.

Old Nov 24th, 2002, 01:06 PM
Scott

http://www.mexicotravelandvacationpackages.com/cancun_gala.shtml<BR><BR>We stayed here 2 years ago. Fantastic spot for kids. They have nightly entertainment. Kids club all day long for &gt;3yr. And teenager club. Great beaches. Food all included in even late night room service.<BR><BR>My wife and smallest kids stayed all but 1 day at hotel. My son 10 and I went swimming for the day down the road at . We took a taxi to the ferry to cozumel ferry for a day for a break.<BR><BR>Wonderful spot for family and relaxation. It is our reference vacation spot even though we have been to Costa Rica, FL Keys, Nevis, Cabo, Dominican. The hotel was superb.<BR><BR>Scott