Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Anyone familar with the Iberostar Resorts?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, my husband and I have finally decided on our destination place, the Riviera Maya, so does anyone have any info. or thoughts on the Iberostar resorts? There are several to choose from, which one is the better of them, we are celebrating our 15th anniversary.
Thanks.
Old Mar 1st, 2008, 05:40 AM

I just talked with my brother last night. He and his wife stayed at the Iberostar Cozumel for their honeymoon and liked it. They said it was nice, but not top of the line. Everything was clean, etc. Pool, restaurants, buffet, etc were all great.
Old Mar 1st, 2008, 06:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, I have read some great reviews on tripadvisors, everyone has seemed to really like it.We are looking at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya, which is south of Cancun.
Hope to hear more reviews.
Old Mar 1st, 2008, 10:22 AM

Stayed at Iberostar in Riviera Maya. It's a free busride into Playa del Carmen but otherwise it's apart from everything. We had 6 women and had a great time. Great entertainment at Iberostars. (And we usually hate the entertainment on cruises, etc) There is also an Iberostar in Playa del Carmen which may be another alternative. Any of the Iberostar properties are fantastic - depends on what you prefer (snorkeling, quiet, nightlife)
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 03:00 PM

My wife and I just got back from a week at the Ibersotar Tucan. I've made another post on the Iberostar but have to add this one because we highly recommend the Iberostar chain. Their food is really excellent for an all inclusive and their grounds are beautiful and the service is definitely top notch. The complex that includes the Paraiso del mar, Paraiso Lindo, and Paraiso Maya is quite large yet you can easily find quiet spots. I think the great reviews you may have seen are accurate.
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 03:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have stayed at the Del Mar which is at the IB Paraiso complex with the Maya. The Maya is fantastic. YOu have use of all the facilities at the Maya, Lindo, Del Mar and Beach if you stay at the May.
You have a concierge to make your unlimited ala carte dinner reservations. Don't forget to visit the Commerical Complex which houses the disco and additional eating places which are included. The taco there are Great!!
For LOADS of information on this resort go to:
http://www.iberostar-board.com/boards/index.php
And scroll down to the section on the Maya.
If you want a REALY special anniversary, book the IB Grand which is at the same complex, but is adult only and top notech gourmet food and service.