Playa Del Carmen....

Dec 19th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Original Poster

Playa Del Carmen....

Anyone been to the Palace Resorts or Adventura Palace specifically. I'm thinking of an AI here instead of the Caribbean just haven't been able to find anything yet that wows me over that is in my price range in the Caribbean that is an AI.
Dec 19th, 2007, 09:08 AM

I don;t think the beach at Adventura Palace is very good but the resort itself is supposed to be very nice. Check the Latin American board, also check tripadvisor.
Dec 19th, 2007, 12:34 PM

The Aventura Spa Palace does not have any real beach. They have man made lagoons...no real ocean access. Check out the Riu and Iberostar Resorts in Riviera Maya.
Are you looking big and glitzy, or small and homey? Do you want adults only???
Dec 19th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

I would like to find an adults only, smaller All Inclusive Resort, nice suites with Jacuzzi, nice beaches, good service at the resort and good food

It's my honeymoon and first time down to the Caribbean

Thansks.
Dec 19th, 2007, 02:39 PM
KVR

Check out The Royal Playa del Carmen. We went in Sept. and loved it. We've been to several AI resorts and The Royal Playa del Carmen was by far the best.

It's an adult only, all suite hotel. All rooms have a jacuzzi, frig and mini bar. The ala cart restaurants do not require reservations and we found the food and service very good. The hotel is on a great beach and within walking distance to 5th Avenue for additional restuarants, bars, shopping and entertainment. It's also not a huge mega AI property. There are exchange priviledges with their sister report across the street. We also found the price very reasonalbe compared to some of the other resorts of the stature.

We have pictures at http://community.webshots.com/user/kvrlvn if your interested.
Dec 19th, 2007, 07:24 PM

chardog1...

We really enjoyed Secrets Capri. It is adults only intimate AI 5 star resort. www.secretsresorts.com

They have really good a la carte restaurants and a wonderful swim up bar.

It was our most relaxing vacation...we barely left the pool! After the stress of a wedding, it would be great...

We did have check in glitches...I have posted my review on here but search here and tripadvisor and you'll get lots of great info. Just make sure you get the junior suites [they don't connect] the others' walls are way too thin.

Good luck and congratulations.

Trish
Dec 20th, 2007, 03:33 AM

Royal Playa del Carmen is great, but is big. You said you wanted a smaller, adults only , AI. I agree that Secrets Capri should fill that request.
Dec 20th, 2007, 09:41 AM
bigsur7

Secrets Capri has over 200 rooms..thats hardly small and what from what I have seen from the pictures from tripadvisor..looks more like a paradise island resort.
Look into www.maromahotel.com .

Dec 20th, 2007, 10:35 AM
KVR

We didn't feel that The Royal Playa del Carmen was all that big. It's definitely not a mega AI like some of the resorts in that area.
Dec 20th, 2007, 12:09 PM

My daughter just returned from her honeymoon at the Royal Playa del Carmen. She let mom the travel addict book for her, and partly because of the reviews on TA and here, I chose the Royal.

She loved it - no regrets.
I would agree that it's pretty large, but the resort was spotless, management cheerfully moved them the second day (they originally had a room overlooking the road) to a garden view room, room service was excellent, as was the service in the restaurants.

Whew, I was glad!!!

P.S. Best price on the internet for one week including air from Tampa, was $2800 for two, on USAirways Vacations website. Transfers, taxes, and gratuities included.
Dec 20th, 2007, 12:56 PM

We stayed at the Adventure Palace about three years ago. There is no beach. They have created a couple of lagoons. If I remember correctly there are four resturants to choose from for dinner. All of the rooms had jacuzzi. You can use all of the other resorts including golf at moon palace. The resort was fine but you do feel a bit isolated because you really can't leave the resort unless by taxi or excursion. I also did not like the "time share" pitch that you had to listen to. I don't know if they still do that.
Kim
Dec 20th, 2007, 02:21 PM

I agree that the Royal PDC does not feel big at all. It is in a perfect location walking distance to everything in town. I really enjoyed it. It was a bargain for what you got. Will go back!