latest from aruba/ holloway case

Dec 19th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Original Poster

latest from aruba/ holloway case

they let the three suspects go this morning. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071219/...issing_teen_19
how very very sad for her family.
Dec 19th, 2007, 07:20 PM

The boys are innocent until proven guilty. The Aruba police tried to find some link between the girl's disappearance and the boys but, according to our paper, could not. What little evidence they had would not hold up in court. In fact they said that the evidence they had would lead to acquittal. The Aruban police spokespersons said this will haunt the Holloway family forever. I was wondering what "this" was. The fact that there was not enough evidence to prosecute these young men or the fact that the family condoned their daughter's going on a High School graduation party thousands of miles from parental control and in another country. Aruba is a safe place to visit for all adults and supervised children. Don't send your wild, young, inexperienced party girls there -or anywhere where they will act out at their own peril. One would think that Aruba itself was on trial the way the American press has reported on this.
Dec 20th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Original Poster

ya know i'm sorry but your attitude is outrageous. how dare you and on what basis do you state that she was a "wild, young party girl"? how dare you imply this is the fault of natalee or her parents. rape and murder is not the fault of the victim!!!
"the boys" as you refer to them are liars at best. the article makes it clear that the police feel certain they have found the criminals, but can not make a legal case in court. that is not even close to saying they arrested the wrong men. vandersloot has even made statements alluding to the fact that he feels he has gotten one over on the authorities.

you state you "wonder what "this" was". do you think the spokesperson might have meant having their precious child murdered? I DO!

this is not about aruba it's about murder. perhaps the nevisian press reported it differently.
Dec 20th, 2007, 03:27 AM

With all due respect, to imply that Natalee was raped and murdered is not correct until they find a body. It's all conjecture.

And as Nevisian stated, "they ARE innocent until proven guilty."

I agree she is a victim, but of what still has not been determined.

Peace, Greenie
Dec 20th, 2007, 04:04 AM

none of us know the intimate details of this case and none of us should pass judgment on either the victim or the suspects or on Aruba. and yes they have put Aruba on trial which is wrong.
Thus unfortunately could happen any where.
I have deep sympathy for the victim's family. I agree that the suspects are innocent until proven guilty. and if they don't have enough evidence, then they cannot be prosecuted.
what some people seem to want is a witch hunt.
Dec 20th, 2007, 06:23 AM

Virginia - you are posting this on the wrong site. I shouldn't have answered your inappropriate post. Vent your anger elsewhere. Perhaps there is a lynch-mob site for you. And yes, I think the family is guilty for letting their daughter out of their control thousands of miles from home. Where did you have your Senior party? We had ours in a bowling alley.
Dec 20th, 2007, 01:06 PM

They reported up here that one of three top suspects in the disappearance of Natalee wrote during an Internet chat session that the teenager was dead. That was according to Aruba's chief prosecutor.
I agree that this is very sad. I would like to see this solved for the family - and soon!
Dec 20th, 2007, 05:15 PM

They are innocent until proven guilty.

While I feel bad for the family, there are many other families without as many resources who have had murders unsolved for a lot longer than 2-3 years like Natalie Holloway's.
Dec 20th, 2007, 05:17 PM

This whole story is so sad. I feel very sorry for Natalee's parents.
I wish this case would have been solved and the correct people brought to justice.

I also think to call the girl a party girl who was out of control is wrong. She was a small town girl who was probably too trusting, was most likely drugged, and now is no longer alive because of it. Please don't blame the girl for being nieve.
We all know those boys had something to do with her disappearance whether they killed her by accident or on purpose. I wish there was some evidence that would have ended this all for the sake of the parents.