All Inclusives Puerto Vallarta

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 11:22 AM
Mary

All Inclusives Puerto Vallarta

We are planning two weeks in PV and the area in Feb. I was wondering about recommendations on an all inclusive for part of the time, and then something different for the rest.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Deb

I just returned from Nuevo Vallarta,(about 8 miles from PV) at the Riu Jalisco. Loved it, absolutely gorgeous hotel. all Inclusive, food was very good. People are very helpful, all water sports are included, except for motorized. There is a gym, disco, open air theatre, two indoor restaurants, two outdoor restaurants, one bar inside and three bars near the beach. Two of which are bars at the pool. Kiddie pool. Beautiful beach, blue water. A friend we met went to Maui for his honeymoon and he told us the beach was prettier at the Riu. don't know how you could possibly go wrong staying there. If you have any other questions let me know.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 04:58 PM
Bobbi

Mary
There are lots of places to stay that aren't AI. If you give me some additional info I can make some recommendations. AI's are located in town, in the hotel zone, south of PV and north in Nuevo Vallarta and Bucerias. Depending on how much time you want to spend in town, you can decide on the best location. What's important to you in terms of night life, services, beaches, etc?

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 02:31 AM
joyce

Bobbi--Please give me some recommendations on where to stay in PV. I am interested in a clean, well-equipped property that is close to restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. I am already staying in the Marina area for a few days--so I am really looking for someplace different. Thanks

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 11:08 AM
bobbi

Joyce
Are you looking for an AI or hotel only?

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 02:25 AM
Joyce

A non-AL is OK with us.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:40 AM
Brad

The Presidente was nice. I have been there 3 times (the last on a company trip). I stayed at the Presidente the first time, Nuevo the next and Premeire Resort and Spa. I have never been impressed with the beaches and water (rocky and dirty). The food was really good at the Presidente and the Premeire. Don't remember the other one in Nuevo, but it was the pits all the way around. I guess you get what you pay for (the cheapest also).

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:08 PM
something different

There are many many lovely local hotels in "Old Town" south of the river, in all price ranges. That part of town has an entirely different atmosphere than the Marina (friendly, quaint, cobblestoned streets, just lovely, and actually Mexican feeling)... so if "something different" means getting away from larger or chain resort hotel properties, consider looking into this part of town.

Price range and ammenities you seek would help me give you a specific list of some places you might enjoy.

Another option is going north (Bucerias, Punta Mita, Sayulita, etc.) or south Barra de Navidad, etc. If you want to stay outside PV.

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:26 PM
A-Is

For Mary, I'd never do an All-Inclusive in PV because there are SO many great restaurants and places to eat (and A-I hotels are not particularly known for their fine cuisine ;-)

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 03:42 PM
bobbi

Joyce
I agree with the previous psoter that there are lots of places to stay other than AI, especially in old town. I have heard lots of good things about the Tropicana and Playa Los Arcos. And Casa Andrea is beautiful and a place I would ove to check out next time we go down. Lots of private condos to rent there as well. We stayed in Bucerias last time at a fabulous place called Casa de la Reyna. Highly recommneded. Then we went south for a week to Playa Gelanos and stayed in a condo untit we rented from someone in Vancouver BC. Reasonable and had a great view! We had kitchens so we ate breakfast and lunch in and went out for dinner. They had a great restaurant on site too. Hoppe this helps. Let me know if you need additional info.