Airfares from US

Oct 26th, 2003, 03:57 PM
Original Poster

Airfares from US

I would like to find a good airfare rate from the US (preferably from Atlanta GA) to Rio de Janeiro. I noticed they were about $550 a couple of weeks ago, and now they are back up to about $950. Is anyone familiar with the airfare trends between the two countries? When is the best time to find a good rate? What would you consider to be a good rate? Do you have any tips or tricks for finding good fares? What are your favorite websites for finding good fares? I am quite flexible with my travel dates, but I would like to avoid Carnival at all costs.
Thanks
Oct 26th, 2003, 06:31 PM

United has great e-fares to Rio. They are offered from Tuesday through Friday of one week for outbound travel the following Monday thru Thurs. the week after, and return Mon-Thu the week after that. (so on Oct 28 you should be able to get a good fare to travel to Rio between Nov 3 to 6 and return Nov 10 to 13.

The most recent price I saw was about $500 from WAS to GIG. Last year, the e-fares were offered from October (at least) thru January. The fares I got last November was $348 plus about $73.50 in taxes.

Put Rio in your farewatcher at travelocity. Right now, you will see a high fare, but come Tuesday it should drop. This is a UA hub up here at IAD. Your results may vary, but I'd expect to pay $550 or less, more like $450 soon.

Oct 27th, 2003, 07:48 AM

You may also want to try a consolidater like BACC travel in New York
Oct 30th, 2003, 03:44 PM

Check out Varig.com, the internet specials section
Oct 30th, 2003, 05:11 PM

This week, the e-fare from Atlanta to Rio is $499. It's $20 less from Washington Dulles.