Si Como No Which Category?

Oct 28th, 2003, 06:49 PM
Original Poster

Si Como No Which Category?

We were originally looking at Makanda, unfortunately they are booked, so on to the second choice, Si Como No.

Which category should we stay in, Deluxe Room or Deluxe Suite? Is one category newer than the other, or have a better view, or closer to the adults pool? It will only be my husband and I.

Also, any suggestions with room numbers or building numbers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Everyone!
Oct 29th, 2003, 11:05 AM

Luv....The only difference between the two is how many stairs you want to walk up. We stayed in a room that was one step above "basic" and we found it to be nice. The only issue was the hill/flight of stairs you have to walk up. Plus, most of the time we were out doing things so we were happy with just having a place to sleep. Another thing: make sure you don't get a room next to the kid/adult pool if you want peace and quiet...Si Como No is an excellent hotel to stay in
Oct 29th, 2003, 11:08 AM

We stayed in a room one step above 'standard' as well. Nice balcony with great views. It was pretty far 'down the hill'. But that eliminated any traffic noise. The adult pool is much closer to the road, I'd rather have to walk a bit further. And this isn't a huge resort, we're only talking a few minutes.

I am guessing the room we were in isn't one of the newer units, but it was very nice.
Oct 30th, 2003, 07:59 AM

Our family of four stayed in a newer deluxe suite last summer. The suites don't really have a separate bedroom with a door....simply a bedroom area next to a living room area. We liked it a lot. The bathrooms and shower areas are enormous and sculptural. There are nice balconies for sitting. A couple of wide sliding glass doors allows you to open everything up to get breezes or to listen to pounding rain.

We were in one of the southernmost units, away from the road, 2nd floor up. Any lower and much of the ocean view would have been gone. We could see the ocean and also some of the forest canopy, where a giant red iguana would sun itself every morning. There were smaller (18"-36") iguanas everywhere around the resort....on walkways, by the pool, in the gardens.

We got the suite because, in the scheme of things, a little bit more money got us much more in a trip that was already expensive. You're there, spending a lot of money to get there, why not have a very nice room?

I believe they all have air conditioning, but you may want to check to see if the lower priced ones do for sure.

Eat at Mar Luna while you are there...just down the road.

Jim
Oct 31st, 2003, 04:14 AM

We just came back after staying in one of the deluxe suites. We were in the row of rooms right below the road, but despite the warnings from others on this thread, we never heard any traffic noise at all in our room, even when we were sitting on the balcony. The views were beautiful, I'm not sure they would ahve been as nice if we had staying in a lower room. Our room number was 45.