Search

Air fare to Mexico

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2002, 06:53 PM
Jenelle

Air fare to Mexico

A friend of mine has a time share. She has decided to go to Cancun this year and was kind enough to offer a weekend in late July to me. The only thing I would have to pay for is air fare. I thought this would be simple and cheap. I have seen advertisements for 3 or 4 nights hotel AND round trip air for less than $400. But when I checked AA for a price from Dallas to Cancun I got $600-$800!!! How do you get a cheap airfare to Mexico?

Old May 29th, 2002, 07:27 PM
Dallas

Adventure Tours www.atusa.com, Funjet www.funjet.com and MLT www.worryfreevacations.com all offer charter airfare only. Check their sites, look in the Dallas Sunday newspaper travel section for their ads, or contact a travel agent and have them check w/ those companies. You'll be able to find a good roundtrip fare from one of them.

Old May 29th, 2002, 11:05 PM
MJH

If you can't find a fare cheaper than the package deal, then book the package deal and don't stay at their hotel.<BR><BR>I don't think that the flight days have to match the hotel nights you are booking. Just tell them that you plan to stay with a friend the other days and get the return flight you want.<BR><BR>The best place to find cheap flights are www.expedia.com, www.orbitz.com, and the airlines themselves.<BR><BR>MJH

Old May 30th, 2002, 08:56 AM
Joanna

Go to Travelocity, type in the cities and click "by dates are flexible" alot under $400. Just work with it. Maybe you will have to stay an extra night, or leave a day early.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 06:02 PM
dunya

Prices are much better than that. All kinds of sales going on. Orbitz gets the best prices. Continental is 20% off right now.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 12:49 PM
a Travel Professional

Out of Dallas the Charters are the best deal.<BR>www.wiredflyer.com for agencies specializing in Mexico<BR>There are dozens of Texas Agencies listed.<BR>They all do a great job.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 08:32 PM
Laura

Dunya is wrong! I can relate with Jenelle as airfare prices from St. Louis to Cancun are sky high right now. <BR>If you're just going for a weekend, find the cheapest 2 or 3 night package available through Funjet, Apple or MLT vacations. Book it, stay where you wish and just use the flights. Unfortunately, we want to stay in a condo for a week and booking one of the 7 night packages would not work the same way though as they get more expensive. <BR><BR>I've checked every site imaginable and cannot find less than about $575 per person. Outrageous! Any other ideas?

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 09:06 AM
Sheila

Charters out of Dallas are your best deal. We went the end of May and the air itself with AA was $1600 for 2 people!! The price through worryfreevacations.com was $1700 for 2 people air & hotel at Americana Condesa for 10 days. Excellent price. I never find a reasonable price to Cancun from Dallas without using a charter - very aggravating.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Dallas

I tried to tell you earlier...charter companies...3 biggees in Dallas...call a travel agent or you can book online with MLT...watch the Sunday paper travel section..fabulous airfare specials...I've see anywhere from $199-$299 air only Dallas to Cancun.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 10:51 AM
dunya

Wow, the prices have changed, I got a good deal when I booked a few weeks ago. If you want to go to Dallas Aeromexico is posting a fare of 363.00 to Cancun today.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 09:59 AM
dolores

if you go to excelsior-travel.com, they have the lowest fares i've seen.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 11:54 AM
a Travel Professional

Laura,<BR>A good travel agent will know what to do with you 7 night deal.<BR>I will not divulge it, as that is why I have regular clients. I offer creative solutions.