Advice on place to stay in CR

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to CR in December and would like some advice on the best place to stay that is family friendly. Please give some suggestions thank you so much in advance!
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 04:26 PM

What area ? Big country ...lol
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 06:48 PM

Ouch, that wasn't very nice. AppletreeGang, start by exploring the destination page for Costa Rica. Then spend time searching this thread for great advice.
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 07:03 PM

I don't think there was anything impolite about faithie's response....it is a big country, akin to asking what hotel should I stay at in FL or NY.

Apple I'm confused...you've posted this same question 4 times in 2 days and from your first post sounds like your hotels are all set. Are you changing all your hotels or...? Btw you can just type in ttt in your post to bring it to the top instead of re-posting the question over again.

Best advise I can give at this point is to get a guidebook. The less vague your questions are the more people here can help.
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 04:38 AM

Sorry if it appeared impolite , it was not intented to , and absolutely not my style . I 've been reading it over and over and I think it is O.K. It was lighthearted , hence the lol !!! Faith .
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 07:47 AM

faithie,
I didn't think your response was rude at all. Don't worry about it!
As you say it is a big country and Apple needs to tell us what area he/she is interested in.
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 10:45 AM

I also need help with hotels! I am talking to 2 agents and comparing the itineraries they offer. I dont really have any preference in which region to stay long as it is on the Pacific side. We will be there from the 22nd to the 31st and I'd like to stay in at least 2 diff hotels: one that's hillside and another that's beach front. At the moment, I am really interested in Punta Islita. Does anyone know how close PI is from the beach? From the website, it seems like it is not a beach front type. Was it a hassle for anyone who has stayed there to walk/take the shuttle to the beach?
Any other hotels you guys can suggest that's beachfront??? Any comments would really help! thanks -
Old Oct 21st, 2005, 02:44 PM

I have not stayed at Punta Islita but it certainly looks beautiful , type it into the search box and read through some of the posts , it appears to be popular . Capitain Suizo in Tamarindo is a lovely beachfront place you could look at and Tamarindo is also very popular .
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 10:13 AM

You know, the first few times it was kind of funny but now......

These excessive "personal" reviews are posted in over a dozen CR threads now - all exactly alike (change name & "personal story&quot and all promoting Fiesta Resort. Advertising by false means does not impress me and does NOT make me want to stay at your resort.
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 10:09 AM

Tully, which post (about Fiesta resort)do you mean? Is it something that was deleted?

Faithie, you didn't sound rude, and the "Ouch" response didn't make sense. Considerryourself lucky: compared to some of what's been directed my way recently on another forum, that was fairly mild!!!
Old Nov 12th, 2005, 12:05 PM

Calinurse - yes the post that Tully is referring to - has since be deleted from this thread. Yesterday was a wild day, with lots of hijacked threads, which have now all been deleted from the forum.