Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Advice on place to stay in CR (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/advice-on-place-to-stay-in-cr-565857/)

AppletreeGang Oct 20th, 2005 03:31 PM

Advice on place to stay in CR

I am going to CR in December and would like some advice on the best place to stay that is family friendly. Please give some suggestions thank you so much in advance!

faithie Oct 20th, 2005 04:26 PM

What area ? Big country ...lol

kpd6305 Oct 20th, 2005 06:48 PM

Ouch, that wasn't very nice. AppletreeGang, start by exploring the destination page for Costa Rica. Then spend time searching this thread for great advice.

tully Oct 20th, 2005 07:03 PM

I don't think there was anything impolite about faithie's response....it is a big country, akin to asking what hotel should I stay at in FL or NY.

Apple I'm confused...you've posted this same question 4 times in 2 days and from your first post sounds like your hotels are all set. Are you changing all your hotels or...? Btw you can just type in ttt in your post to bring it to the top instead of re-posting the question over again.

Best advise I can give at this point is to get a guidebook. The less vague your questions are the more people here can help.

faithie Oct 21st, 2005 04:38 AM

Sorry if it appeared impolite , it was not intented to , and absolutely not my style . I 've been reading it over and over and I think it is O.K. It was lighthearted , hence the lol !!! Faith .

Ally Oct 21st, 2005 07:47 AM

faithie,
I didn't think your response was rude at all. Don't worry about it!
As you say it is a big country and Apple needs to tell us what area he/she is interested in.

Juddeus Oct 21st, 2005 10:45 AM

I also need help with hotels! I am talking to 2 agents and comparing the itineraries they offer. I dont really have any preference in which region to stay long as it is on the Pacific side. We will be there from the 22nd to the 31st and I'd like to stay in at least 2 diff hotels: one that's hillside and another that's beach front. At the moment, I am really interested in Punta Islita. Does anyone know how close PI is from the beach? From the website, it seems like it is not a beach front type. Was it a hassle for anyone who has stayed there to walk/take the shuttle to the beach?
Any other hotels you guys can suggest that's beachfront??? Any comments would really help! thanks -

faithie Oct 21st, 2005 02:44 PM

I have not stayed at Punta Islita but it certainly looks beautiful , type it into the search box and read through some of the posts , it appears to be popular . Capitain Suizo in Tamarindo is a lovely beachfront place you could look at and Tamarindo is also very popular .

tully Nov 11th, 2005 10:13 AM

You know, the first few times it was kind of funny but now......

These excessive "personal" reviews are posted in over a dozen CR threads now - all exactly alike (change name & "personal story") and all promoting Fiesta Resort. Advertising by false means does not impress me and does NOT make me want to stay at your resort.

CaliNurse Nov 12th, 2005 10:09 AM

Tully, which post (about Fiesta resort)do you mean? Is it something that was deleted?

Faithie, you didn't sound rude, and the "Ouch" response didn't make sense. Considerryourself lucky: compared to some of what's been directed my way recently on another forum, that was fairly mild!!!

dfarmer Nov 12th, 2005 12:05 PM

Calinurse - yes the post that Tully is referring to - has since be deleted from this thread. Yesterday was a wild day, with lots of hijacked threads, which have now all been deleted from the forum.