Reload this Page >

50th B'day in Cabo San Lucas (Splurge)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2004, 07:12 AM
peanut

Hello all you travel experts. I'm hoping you can help me. I'm planning a 50th birthday celebration for my husband and I'm wondering what the weather would be like in Cabo November 28-December 2. This will be a splurge and he's a big golfer so I would be very interested in your suggestions or comments about the following luxury properties (1) Palmilla, (2) Las Ventanas, (3) Esperanza (location, beach access, service, rooms, etc). Appreciate any feedback you have. Thanks so much.

Old Sep 21st, 2004, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have not been to Cabo, yet, but I am planning a similar trip for my husband's birthday 2 weeks before you. I am not splurging quite as much, however, I have looked into these 3 hotels. Las Ventanas sounds like the best to me, yet I have a friend who has stayed at Palmilla, and said it is incredible. Classicvacations.com seems to have the best rates at Palmilla. (atleast the week that I have checked into) Good luck with your planning!
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 12:00 PM
peanut

Thanks amtw! I haven't recieved any other feedback but I did check out Classic and I'm also leaning towards Las Ventanas. It looks fabulous, looks like it's the best situated in terms of golf also. We've only been to Cabo once before and based on that experience we don't have a strong desire to spend much time in the actual town. I will let you know what I decide and will continue to watch for feedback from others. Adios!

Old Sep 21st, 2004, 12:07 PM

Can only chime in on Esperanza, which is fabulous(been twice). No golf on property however. It is a 15 minute drive to most of the good courses. Have been end of December, beginning of January and it is usually high 70's. The beach at Esperanza is not great, but I think the setting is nicer and more intimate than Ventanas. Have not been to Palmilla, so I cant comment
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 03:54 PM

You said that you have been to Cabo once, before. What do you know about the Fiesta Americana Grand? Thank you!!
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 06:47 AM
peanut

Hello: Sorry, I'm not familiar with the Fiesta Americana Grand. I can't even remember the name of the hotel we stayed at so obviously it wasn't very memorable. We were very close/next door to the Melia. Sorry, I couldn't be more helpful.

Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 11:52 AM

Fiesta Americana is nice but not on the same level as palmilla, ventanas or esperanza
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 12:07 PM

Thank you Ellene and Peanut. That is what I thought. Have you stayed there, Ellene?
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 12:23 PM

I have not. A good friend of mine has planned some major conferences at that hotel, and also used Esperanza for some vip stuff, and basically communicated the difference to me.

Esperanza and Ventanas are small(less than 50 guest rooms) Fiesta americana is a much larger resort
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 01:04 PM

Thank you! Do you remember anything negative about the resort?
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 01:29 PM

No, she actually had rave reviews, as did another friend of mine who stayed there.

EE
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 01:36 PM

Great!! Thank you so much! This really helps!!
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 06:29 AM

We were in Cabo last year around the same time (first weekend in December) and the weather was perfect. Each day was sunny with blue skies and temps right around 80. I never needed a jacket or sweater, even in the evening.
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 04:20 PM

we honeymooned at Palmilla a few years ago before it became a One & Only hotel and it was quite lovely then, I can only imagine it is spectacular now. We had two meals at Las Ventanas that were incredible and have always thought about returning, since everything about the property seemed wonderful. Some recent reviews (can't remember where I saw them) were not so good, calling it a bit stuffy, but not sure if I would pay close attention to that...Have fun!
Old Sep 24th, 2004, 01:49 PM

We spent Thanksgiving '01 @ Las Ventanas - amazing place.
The fishing was world class.
The hotel staff cooked our catch that evening - best grouper and mahi (dorado)ever!
I'm writing from San Miguel de Allende - the mountains are better.
M