Zurich--Hotel recommendations

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a solo traveler looking for a nice accomodation (perhaps with a view? or in old town?) My budget is between $150-200/night.

Thanks!
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 08:19 PM

Hi Susan--I found the other thread with the hotel recommendations (from Cicerone). I don't know how to create a link to it, but the title is: Hotels in Zurich's Old Town?

I found it by putting "Zurich hotels" in the search box. There is another thread somewhere with higher-end recommendations too. The "Kindl" sounds nice.

But the Adler may be just what you want, for the right price (singles are 140 to 200 CHF). I just thought you might like to get some other opinions, since I haven't actually stayed there yet! I just know from our last visit that we like the Altstadt area.

Also, there is another "Zurich hotels" thread that was started today.

Old Sep 25th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much, Enzian. You have been so helpful! I'll look for the other thread. I'll also check out the Adler.

Susan
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 04:08 AM

Hi susan001,

I'm also a single traveler and often visit a friend who lives outside of Zurich.

I've enjoyed staying in the suburbs a lot!! You can find less expensive hotels right on the lake, you get a bit of a local-town type feel, and you can get to Zurich in about 15 minutes by S-Bahn or train. You can also get to the airport in about 20 minutes, often by direct (0 changes) train.

Two of my favorites:

Seehotel Sonne (www.sonne.ch) in Kuesnacht. As you leave the train station in Kuesnacht, use the underpass to cross the busy street, and you'll be right at the Sonne when you emerge. There are direct trains to the airport. I've done a report (w/photos) on this hotel at tripadvisor.com, so take a look. Best part: lakeside garden bar/restaurant.

Hotel Hirschen am See (www.hirschen-meilen.ch) in Obermeilen. You'll need to take a bus or walk for about 15 minutes from the train station in Meilen. I think there is one change to get to the airport. This hotel is cheaper than the Sonne, and more homey.

Have fun!

s
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 06:09 AM
begbie

hi
try the following link to get an idea of what there is on offer and of there's anything that takes your fancy:
http://destinia.com/hotels/hotels--i...urope/32747/en
hope its of use to you