Search

Your best towns/villages in the Black Forest region

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2003, 09:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your best towns/villages in the Black Forest region

Dear All,

From the postings about the Black Forest the must see places are mainly Freiburg, Titisee and Gengenbach.
From the places you have visited in the Black Forest area which are your favourite towns and villages.

Your comments please.

Tks.

Noel
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 02:28 AM

Hi!

My vote is for Titisee. We were there maybe 13 years ago and I can still recall how neat it was to peddle boat on Lake Titisee with the beautiful views!

Also, the cuckoo clock stores and restaurants were great!

Have fun picking!

Bob
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 04:38 AM
jmw

Hi, Triberg is also pretty, though not on a lake. It does have a nice waterfall walk and some good small hotels. And yes, Freiburg is a lovely small city. According to my map, Titisee is not very far from Schaffhausen and Stein am Rhein, which are not black forest towns, but very appealing Swiss ones, especially if you like painted buildings. J.

Old Jun 27th, 2003, 05:18 AM

Hello abela,
first a hint: If you post this in the Germany section you might get a lot more responses...

Secondly: Yes, Freiburg simply is a wonderful place!
But I also recommend the Schauinsland (literally translated: look-over-the-land), it's the mountain closest to Freiburg and has an aerial passenger tramway (says my dictionary) going up there. Once up take a small hike.

Also there's the Feldsee, a lake not as big as Titisee. It's at the foot of the Feldberg which is the highest mountain of the black forest. This lake and the surrounding scenery are really pretty!

If you'd like to hike some, walk up the Hoellental.

When I was younger my parents took us to Hinterzarten and St. Peter which are pretty and good starting ponits for walks/hikes.

And if you tell me what kind of places you are looking for I'll call my mom and ask her (both my parents come from Freiburg). Promised.
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 05:28 AM

Kascha, there is no "Germany" section. If you are searching for specific posts about a certain country, then you could type in the name of the country at the top and hit Search.
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 03:57 PM
rex

I'll add www.oberkirch.de

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Jun 27th, 2003, 04:04 PM

A couple of years ago I stayed at the Hotel Benz in Gengenbach. It was delightful. www.badenpage.de/hotel-benz

The dining room was so wonderful we ate there all three nights. Very affordable, too.
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 04:26 PM

If you happen to stay in Triberg, my trip notes (1996) state the following: Hotel Pfaff, single rooms 65-75 DM. Walked to waterfall directly across the street - very scenic, short walk. Great meatloaf dinner at hotel; tried for recipe but no luck. Hotel has many separate seating areas on way upstairs to rooms, sipped wine and wrote postcards. There was also a music museum across the street which was very interesting. As I recall, my friend bought her cuckoo clock in one of the many shops along the main street. Nice choice between Baden-Baden and Freiburg.