Murren Apartment Help

Jun 25th, 2003, 11:41 PM
Original Poster

Murren Apartment Help

Hi

I have read tons of post on Switzerland trips. I plan to visit Murren, Lauterbrunnen and Grindelwald. I think it would be best to stay in Murren (for the views) and then move around.

Could someone please recommend good apartments that I could rent in Murren (4-5nights)? I am coming from India and am a vegetarian so would like to have a kitchen where I could cook a few meals. I also prefer to stay in apartments rather than hotels. A nice apartment with a fabulous view would be great

If you have other suggestions then please fill me in!

Thanks

Gaurav
Jun 26th, 2003, 12:17 AM

Gaurav,
Your best bet to find an appartment is probably to check the Muerren web site or to write to the local Tourist Office.
On the website, you can type in your date and free appartments will show.
One word of caution: Most appartments are being rented out for a minimum stay of seven nights, usually Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun, especially in peak months such as July and August.
I realize that a lot of Swiss people tend to spend holidays again 'at home', i.e. in Switzerland.
So, hurry, if you should consider a stay this summer.
http://www.wengen-muerren.ch/flashno...muerren-e.html

Good luck!
Jun 26th, 2003, 02:02 AM
Original Poster

I had a look at the above site. Could you suggest any specific names? We are a party of 4 adults. My mother would prefer an apartment whose approach is not too steep.

Thanks

Gaurav
Jun 26th, 2003, 02:08 AM

Namaste gaurav,
Although I've been to Muerren several times (mostly day trips for skiing), I've never stayed in an appartment there. So, I can't be of any help here. Sorry.
What about asking the Tourist Office. They will surely be happy to make you convenient suggestions as for appartments that can be reached easily.
Jun 27th, 2003, 05:52 PM

I was in Murren last week & picked up a business card for a company that might help you. I did not use them so I cannot vouch for them. The company is Top Apartments - email [email protected] - phone +41 33 855 37 06 - fax +41 33 855 30 53. Hope this helps.