York Lodging Suggestions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2003, 04:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any suggestions for lodging in York? My wife and I are planning to visit for three (3) nights. Nothing fancy needed. But clean and quiet and accessible are traits we're looking for; maybe a B&B or small hotel/inn. Thanks for whatever insights you can provide. Rgds, Ando.
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Ani

Well, I'll post this again....Four Seasons. It is GREAT. There are soooo many posts about lodging in York...try doing a search. You will see Four Seasons listed many times.
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 02:26 AM
Original Poster

Hi Ani. Of course, I did a search and read what had been posted, But I was hoping for some fresh insights, newer info, you know. That's what forums are for, right? Properties change management, owners, quality, etc. Makes sense to get the very latest info available when making plans and decisions. With that, any fresh insights you can share would be great. Otherwise. . . . Ando.
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 03:10 AM

St Raphaels Guest House. Very nice B&B aboaut 10 minutes walk from town center. They have a web site, I think you can find it in a google search but if not I'll look it up for you (don't have time now).
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 07:11 AM
jay

we stayed at a place called "york backpackers" it was a hostel with huge rooms but shared bathrooms. the price was fantastic.
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Isabel. I'll check out St. Raphael's website. And Jay, thanks for your suggestion. But we're looking for a room w/private bath, although the hostel sounds neat. Any additonal info you both could provide on city scene would be appreciated as well. Rgds, Ando.