Will Kaserne

Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 03:47 PM
Original Poster

Will Kaserne

WIll be traveling with a gentleman who was stationed at Will Kaserne, just across the highway from Warner Kaserne, in 1952-1953. This was just a few miles outside Munich (between Munich and Dachau). Am unable to locate this on a map. Does anyone know if it is still there and how I can locate it? Thanks.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 04:39 PM

This is the only somewhat recent reference I could find :

http://usarmygermany.com/Units/Ordna...20Ord%20Bn.htm (at the bottom of the page under 22nd Ord Co. the person says Will Kaserne is closed and all grown over)

Warner Kaserne is still being used, however.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 04:51 PM

And I think it's called Warner Barracks now, not Warner Kaserne. Members of the military community in Bamburg use it now for various things....University of Maryland classes are taught there, for one thing.

If I'm right about it now being called Warner Barracks, then directions are on this webpage (scroll almost all the way down the page):

http://www.aa-europe.net/events/franconia_2003.htm

I know it's for an AA meeting, but it's all I could find! Hope it helps. Good luck!
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 04:58 PM

Oh shoot.....just now found a website that says there were TWO Warner Kasernes! Says the Warner Kaserne outside Munich was closed in the '70's.

Looks like I gave you the wrong info in my other postings, then. I'm sorry.

Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 06:43 PM

Found this website in reference to Warner Kaserne, Munich:

http://libraryautomation.com/24th/warnerkaserne.html

Other than that, I came up mostly blank. Couldn't find any real information about Will Kaserne at all. Oh, and another website said that Warner and Will Kasernes were in the northeastern part of Munich. Don't know if this helps at all.....good luck.
Old Sep 2nd, 2003, 07:59 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information. We knew it would probably be changed, but hoped that we would be able to see it. Perhaps when we visit Dachau, someone will be able to point out where it was. Again, thanks for the info. JKD