Will I be stuck in Dijon?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in Prague today and fly into Paris on Oct 22nd, which I think will be fine, I am worried about my tvg trip Paris to Dijon on Oct 25th, and Dijon to Paris on Oct 27th, I bout these discounted train tickets from some website that I don't even recall know and had them printed up, will train station in Paris refund these? How do I go on their web sites to see if these trains are still running without goint to the station?
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 11:43 PM

When there is a strike and if you already have your tickets you may take any train leaving that day. If they are Prems tickets they are non refundable but you may always ask...

To check your train www.infolignes.com is great but you will know for the next day only after 4 or 5pm. For ex to know about trains running on the 25th you may check the website on the 24th after 5pm. Good luck and enjoy Dijon!
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 10:05 AM

I don't know if the TGV and Thalys operate the same way, but when all the Thalys trains between Paris and Amsterdam were canceled on Monday, people with tickets for Monday were allowed to use those tickets for Thalys trains on Tuesday.
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 08:37 PM
Original Poster

Wow, trains are really getting cancelled, I have TGV tickets that will take me back Dijon to Charles De Galle to connect me to my flight home, so I can't be delayed more than one hour or so, things are getting dicey. what should I do?
Old Oct 22nd, 2010, 01:16 AM

Maybe you should leave Dijon the day before and spend a night at a CDG hotel... There is another direct train to CDG leaving Dijon at 5pm but if it cancelled you'll surely find a TGV to Gare de Lyon.
Old Oct 22nd, 2010, 05:53 AM

That sounds like a good idea, also. I would never plan a trip that your TGV couldn't be delayed more than an hour or you'd miss flight, even outside strike periods. They are delayed sometimes, perhaps you don't know that. I've had TGVs delayed longer than that during a period outside a strike. It isn't common, but it happens and I would never plan that a train would have to be perfect to catch a transatlantic flight.