Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Why do you post your trip report at Fodors?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 06:32 AM
Anonyimouse

After reading the following posts which I found on the thread that Kavey wrote about her recent trip to Paris, I wonder why anyone here takes the time and is generous enough to post a trip report.<BR><BR>In general, I find that most of the participants here to be well traveled, knowledgeable and polite. But for no apparent reason, there is a gang here that does nothing more than criticize either the report or the writer. The thread snowballs with insulting remarks and the initial goodwill and content is lost. Its not just Kavey that gets attacked, I've seen it happen to others too. What are the reasons for this? <BR><BR>It just doesn't seem worth the effort to share information about your travels. Until this behavior stops, I think people should reconsider posting trip reports on the Fodors board and should make them available by another means.<BR><BR><BR>++++<BR><BR>Author: Unnamed for this Post ([email protected])<BR>Date: 02/23/2002, 03:59 am<BR>Message: Kavey,<BR><BR>Your trip report was a pleasure to read, however, the inane comments by others was totally uncalled for. I really pity these people that have nothing better to do than write disparaging remarks. They have not contributed one iota of relevant and insightful information to this thread. They don't care who they hurt, and they do it intentionally because they think it empowers them. I have a mental image of each one of them, and that is that they are mental midgets, usually bullied their whole lives, and the only way that they feel empowered is to strike back anonymously. In personal situations with people that they know, they are cowards and pushovers. Unfortunately, the hurtful comments sting. They do it intentionally to get a rise out of others. They think that compliments are like ballots in an election, voting for one person over another as if this was a popularity contest. Their disparaging remarks represent the party of people that don't even belong on these boards, they are intellectually boring, they stay home and jealousy live vicariously through the travels of others. They attempt to destroy the respect that you have earned. These fools seek attention under the guise of being anonymous and would never have the courage and audacity to say these things to you in person.<BR><BR>When are people going to learn that those that write and post trip reports, are making a worthwhile contribution and providing information that is not normally found in tour books and brochures. Trip reports are personal, they include all sorts of details, whether they are relevant or not to other readers. They are shared with you for information purposes.<BR><BR>By slewing insults, all you do is attempt to destroy fond memories of the traveler's delightful trip. One can only hope that those that write such negative things post their own trip reports here and that one day it will be critiqued negatively by the masses.<BR><BR>I apologize for posting anonymously, but I don't care to be flamed.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>+++++<BR><BR> <BR>Author: enough ([email protected])<BR>Date: 02/23/2002, 04:12 am<BR>Message: "Unnamed", you are fooling no one. We all know that it is you KAVEY. I feel so sorry for anyone that is related to you or has to work with you because you crave and demand so much attention 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. You drive people away and make them despise you. In this day and age there are medications for your serious disorder that may help you. Please look into it for everyones sake.<BR><BR> <BR>

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 06:36 AM
Anne On-a-mousepad #2

And twice yet?

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 04:33 AM
ttt

to the top<BR>

Old Feb 27th, 2002, 07:50 PM
aaa

not much left of this thread...<BR>

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 02:27 AM
xxx

no - this is another thread that got posted twice by mistake (should be allowed to sink - wish I could say this without topping it!)

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 06:43 AM
Inky

Someone's annoyed . . .

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 06:55 AM
black ink

Back to the same old S****.

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 06:48 PM
eek eek

Anonyinouse has revealed who she is on another thread.<BR><BR>Interesting.<BR>

Old Mar 1st, 2002, 08:43 PM
curious2

Are you going to tell us which thread or are we going to have to read everyone until we find it?

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 06:53 AM

we wanna know.

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 06:57 AM
curious

don't tease, tell!

Old Mar 2nd, 2002, 07:00 AM
topper 11

Do Tell.<BR>

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 09:17 AM
hmmmmm

I had forgotten about this one.<BR>