Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

"How-to's" a trip report??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 01:43 PM

Just got back from a fun trip I want to share, but when I started typing, I was panicked that they would cut me off if I typed too much. When does that happen---and then what do you do, please?<BR><BR>Do you just go back and answer your own message to add more...and more?<BR><BR>Thanks for the patient, kind answers.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 01:51 PM
Sheila

I don't know te exact number of words, but it's somewhere about the 600-700 mark. I posted one 626 message earlier this evening and it went. <BR><BR>And yes, one normally just keeps &quot;replying&quot; to one's own message to add the sections. Do it in Word and copy it in, just in case.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Marilyn

Some people post their trip reports in chapters, a separate post for each segment. I like this better than adding on to the same post, because it gives people a chance to reply to individual parts.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 02:54 PM
annie

I like trip reports, please post it and let people who aren't interested just skip it, hopefully without comment!

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 02:58 PM
Grasshopper

I type my report in a word doc and then copy and past chunks so it all gets posted within minutes. Please post it all in one thread. Otherwise they quickly get detached and separated.<BR><BR>And please do post. XX... you don't have to read them.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 03:15 PM
details details

I actually like it when people separate their reports, like by city, or topic, or whatever. The advice for 'newbie' is absolutely correct about placing it in small chunks as if answering your own original post. I'm just saying for instance I'd love to read a Venice report but personally am not interested in Rome right now.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 05:21 AM
Alice

I didn't have any trouble posting my report... I typed it up in Word first, then I started a new thread with the first section, and answered myself note after note, working thru the Word doc. until it was all posted. I did this during a less active period on the board, to try to maintain the flow. <BR>There are different ways to write the report, be it sequential by day, or organized in categories ie. sights, restaurants, hotels...<BR>Many of us enjoy the reports and reading others' personal experiences. Those who don't enjoy them should just skip 'em...