Search

Where to go?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 06:09 AM
Caryn

Where to go?

We are planning to go to Europe in May for about 10 days and cannot decide where to go. We've been to many of the more "popular" places in France, Italy, Germany, Spain, GB and Greece and want to branch out into some of the less touristy places. I'm interested in hearing suggestions from a wide variety of perspectives. How about Budapest? Is Prague still doable? What else? Thank you for suggestions.

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 12:08 PM
xxx

No. Prague is now off limits for &quot;do&quot;ing.<BR>

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 04:30 AM
?

xxx- What does your comment mean? What exactly are you referring to?

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 04:34 AM
xyz

I think that the answer was a reference to the question asking whether Prague is still &quot;do&quot;able.<BR>

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 05:29 AM
k

Caryn,<BR><BR>Why wouldn't Prague be &quot;doable&quot;? I don't understand. Prague is beautiful and I think it would be a great choice. How about Austria? Vienna is a wonderful city and the rest of the country is gorgeous as well. Scandanavia? Lots to choose from there. Portugal? It's on my list of places I really want to go to. Hope this helps! Happy travels,<BR>Karen

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 05:38 AM
brownie

Prague is gorgeous but (in spite of) it's very touristy. <BR><BR>Croatia, Romania and other Eastern European countries as starting to open up to tourism but are still young so they may not be overrun by tourists yet.<BR><BR>Do you have a budget, interests, expectations?<BR><BR>Austria is also quite nice and there are gems like Halstatt. <BR><BR>What about a cycling tour through the Alsace or along the Danube? A canal cruise through burgundy?<BR><BR>-brownie.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 05:54 AM
xxx

It's the stupidity of the verb [to &quot;do&quot;] a city.<BR><BR>Ranks right up there with a 15 year old who has a fantasy that some day he will be able to &quot;do&quot; a cheerleader under the bleachers.<BR>

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 05:59 AM
George

Hey, I'd like to do that cheerleader!<BR><BR>Lighten up, it's just a verb! There are 37 definitions of the verb &quot;to do&quot; in the Collins English dictionary, only one (number 30) refers to sex.<BR><BR>Prague is wonderful, doable, visitable, enjoyable, beautifulable, go and have a wonderful time.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 07:29 PM
Bill Clinton

It's a multiple Havana city.<BR>

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 05:41 AM
pupping up

puppers<BR>