Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Which would you choose in Paris - Hotel Madison or De Fleurie - dont want rustic

Search

Which would you choose in Paris - Hotel Madison or De Fleurie - dont want rustic

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2003, 04:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at both? I have read this site thoroughly and know both are highly regarded.Can anyone compare the two? I have a 2 rooms and need to decide which one to cancel. I want to stay at a nice hotel that is a little upscale. Since its my first visit I want a hotel that makes me feel like I'm in Paris(not quite sure what that means)!. I know that I am not interested in quirky, ultra contemporary or rustic.
Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 06:48 PM

Lisa,
definately go for le Madison, here's the deal, it's an upscale hotel directly on Blvd. Sant Germain but set back fromt he street, even if you get a room facing the Blvd. the sound proof windows are excellent.
le Madison has very high standards, yet still charming and without that "chain hotel feeling".
There is a full buffet breakfast even the standard rooms are way above average, IMO it's the best 3 star hotel in Paris.
The rooms are decorated in lovely coordiating fabrics, and the vibe is definately NOT rustic.
I have stayed at le Madison on several occasions and the service has always been warm and professional, this is my favorite hotel in Paris. Have you done a search there are mumerous positive posts( including several of mine) I really do not think you could go wrong with this hotel.
Viva la France
Fluffy
Old Sep 14th, 2003, 05:06 PM

Lisa, I accidently erased your email address, please email me again & include a fax# if you have one.Keep in mind I am leaving for Italy 9-16-03, I will do my best to get you the info. a.s.a.p.
Fluffy
Old Sep 17th, 2003, 12:47 PM

I completely agree with Fluffy. We were at the Madison two weeks ago and absolutely loved everything about it...location, decor, wonderful, friendly staff. You simply cannot go wrong. Wouldn't stay anywhere else from now on.
Old Sep 17th, 2003, 01:01 PM

Lisa,
Make that 3 here who love le Madison. I haven't stayed at De Fleurie but know its location well, near the bustling Odeon. I just enjoy the location of le Madison more, as it sits right across from the Place St. Germain and the church. As fluffy says, since it sits back from the boulevard on a tiny side street and front windows are double glazed, traffic noise isn't a problem. I find it to be a very classically stylish place, quite upscale, with a staff that was very kind, friendly and caring to us.
Old Sep 17th, 2003, 01:07 PM

I've had my eye on staying at the Madison for at least a decade, but haven't gotten around to it. I think both are fine hotels and you can't go wrong.

I would choose the Madison because Albert Camus stayed there for a long time once, and he's one of my favorite writers. I think he wrote "L'Etranger" there, at least part of it. That's reason enough for me.