Search

which sorrento hotel should i choose?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4th, 2003, 10:22 AM
ang
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which sorrento hotel should i choose?

i have at least 3 choices. however, i need help narrowing down.

zi teresa hotel, hotel johanna park,il settimo cielo. i think they are all good locations and i have corresponded with all and have been very accomodating which is adding to my difficult decision. i am staying for two nights so i want to make a good decision. of course, i have read other posts and i have collected some other names in the same price range. mamma mia i am really confused!!
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 02:46 PM

ang, it's me again. Were you looking for the map of Sorrento? If so: www.sorrentoinfo.com/map/map.asp?lng=en

You can drag this one and zoom. Hotels are marked with stars, but unfortunately not by name. If you have the addresses you can pretty well figure them out. If you look at the ones out on Via Capo, I think you'll see why I suspect they're quite a walk, but I could be wrong.

Meanwhile, when are you going? On www.utell.com I found incredible deals for the Parco Principi (sp) in the next couple of months -- like superior seaview rooms for 180 euro -- for a 5 star property!!!
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 06:35 PM
ang
Original Poster

hi patrick--it's me. i read alot of posts today that claimed via capo was a great location. i am kind of veering away from the settimo cielo since i read somewhere about the johanna park hotel. however, this one may be a little further out. i read one thread about this hotel and i checked the website. it is a new hotel and the room overlooking the water looks bright and airy. i wrote them and they offered me a double room for 100euro!! i also found the zia teresa hotel, right on via corso. i am getting confused because i just dont want to pick a crappy place. thanks for the info on the map because i need to check it out. i will be in sorrento mid october for two days. we are staying in a villa in northwestern umbria. when are you going?
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 07:07 AM
Gino

Patrick,
The Hotel Parco dei Principi is really not in Sorrento but instead nearby in Sant?Agnello. It is a great hotel however.

Old Sep 5th, 2003, 07:33 AM

I wish we could combine all these separate threads going on Sorrento Hotels. Yes, I realized after looking on the map where the Parco dei Principi is.
And Ang, we will definitely miss each other -- I'm looking at a stay for three nights from May 29 to June 1. Can you say, "planning ahead"?
I'm much relieved about the location of the Via Capo places, and now semi settled on the idea of Tonnarella. Meanwhile, I also think we'll probably also end up renting a car for three days after flying into Naples and before heading out to Ischia for four nights. It just makes travel along the Amalfi coast so much easier -- we did it before staying in both Positano and Sorrento.
Old Sep 5th, 2003, 08:23 AM
Gino

Patrick,
By the way, La Tonnarella has free parking on their grounds.