Which Rome Accommodation?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2003, 02:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will spend 4 nights in Rome. We are a couple and two adult females. We have narrowed down the accommodation choices between Il Balcone in Monte del Gallo; Blue Rose B&B; 58 Via Cavour; or Pensionne Panda.
All are in our price range. Who has stayed in any of above? Who can recommend one before another? They all "look good" on the web, but are they?
Old Jul 19th, 2003, 10:48 AM

Hi McCamish. My girlfriend & I stayed at the Panda for four nights two years ago. We discovered it from someone else on this forum who had stayed there and recommended it as an inexpensive place to stay in a great location.

We liked everything about it except for the size of our room which was probably one of the smallest rooms I've ever had in Europe (I don't recall what room number we had and other rooms may be different, but I don't know because we didn't see any others.)

Our room had a double bed and a small bench, and that was about it. No dresser; we had to put our clothing in a small closet. But it was very clean, had a high ceiling (which helped with the smallness), and a nicely-tiled sink in the corner. The bath/shower was shared. Nothing fancy but then, neither was the price, especially for the great location, only a few blocks from the Spanish Steps. As I recall, we paid about 60-70 euros for our room, hard to beat in central Rome.
Old Jul 19th, 2003, 05:25 PM

Hi Mccamish ~ Have you contacted the Panda yet? I contacted them a couple of weeks ago for a room in September and was told that they are booked up in Sept. When are you traveling?
Old Jul 24th, 2003, 05:06 AM
Original Poster

After much research and thought I've Actually booked the Blue Rose B&B [website www.bbbluerose@com
Really impressed with the feedback I received from them, the location and the price of 110 euro for two double rooms with shared bathroom. We are a couple and two single adults. Contact me if you want more assistance
Old Aug 4th, 2003, 05:28 AM

I would avoid 58 Via Cavour simply because they constantly flood messages on travel boards acting like happy guests. Plus, their web sites claims to be a few steps from the Forum and the Spanish Steps - you can't be a few steps from both locations! Rome's city center isn't very large, but you can't be in 2 places at the same time.

I have found that places that lie about the little things typically try to take you at every turn. Just my 2 cents. Enjoy your trip.