Reload this Page >

Adive on Hotels in Rome

Search

Adive on Hotels in Rome

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Iregeo

Adive on Hotels in Rome

Can someone please suggest a good, centrally located,reasonably priced,small hotel in Rome for a family of 3 (2A/1C). We're considering Duca D'Alba (drawback - TINY rooms) and Hotel Alimandi (drawback - near Vatican, not central). Thanks!

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 09:11 AM

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 09:13 AM
Jean Valjean

You may try the Albergo Internazionale, on Via Sistina at the top of the Spanish steps. Very nice hotel, very friendly and helpful staff, nice, big rooms, good breakfast and a great terrace. At least, it was that way when I stayed there a couple of years ago.<BR><BR>Price-wise, it should be a little under $200.<BR>

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 09:23 AM
Iregeo

Thanks Jean. I'd love to hear more input from others.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 07:00 PM
Jean

Check out the Hotel Fontanella Borghese a few blocks down Via Condotti from the Spanish Steps. They have one room that sleeps 3-4. Sorry, I don't know the rate. (Our double room in October 2002 was about $190.) <BR><BR>The same owner also owns the Due Torri a few blocks farther from the Steps. It may also have a larger room, and this hotel's rates are slightly lower.<BR><BR>The Fontanella Borghese was perfect for us. Small (about 30 rooms), very helpful multi-lingual staff (including the owner who was on site about half the time we were there), nice breakfast included in rate. Room was a reasonable size, bathroom small and most importantly there was no street or room-to-room noise. The area is quiet, safe and seemingly equal distance to everything.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 08:43 PM
beth

Try Hotel Due Torri. This is my favorite hotel in Rome. It is very charming, centrally located, and just a great place to stay. Ask for a room on the 5th floor with a terrace that overlooks the roof tops of Rome where you can eat breakfast. Here is a link about the hotel on Karen Brown. I highly recommend this place. Nice and quiet too. <BR><BR>http://www.karenbrown.com/italy/deta...so?RecID=10616

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 09:07 AM
Marj

Santa Chiara is very nice. We stayed in a quad there (a 2 room suite). It's in a great location (behind the pantheon) and includes a great rbeakfast buffet.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 10:31 AM
loislane17

I love the Albergo Abruzzi, facing the Pantheon, but I'm not sure about the accomodations for families. <BR>Friends of mine stayed at the:<BR>Hotel Teatro di Pompeo<BR>Largo del Pallaro 8<BR>Phone: 06/68300170<BR>Fax: 06/68805531<BR>And they loved the people (esp. Luigi at the desk)! It's convenient to just about everything, being very close to Pza. Navona, the Pantheon and the surface trolley through Trastevere. It's just behind the church (Sant'Andrea della Valle) that figures in Tosca! on the site of an ancient theater!<BR>You may want to buy/peruse the Hello Italy series from Margo Classe' that lists tons of good bargain hotels for everywhere in Italy! I've never been disappointed. You can buy her book on the website: www.helloeurope.com<BR>

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 11:03 AM
blue

I stayed at the hotel Alimandi in April of 2002. It is a stone's throw from the Vatican Museum and a short walk to the Vatican itself.<BR><BR>My husband and I enjoyed staying there, although we did split our time in Rome between the Alimandi and the Cesare, which is two short blocks from the Pantheon and very cose to the Trevi fountain. <BR><BR>Depending on the age of your child you might find the distance to walk to the ancient portion of Rome a bit much from the Alimandi. It was however, a highly convenient place to stay to get to the Vatican Museums nice and early and avoid the crowds. Additionally, it had a very good breakfast included in the room rate, and the terrace on the roof was quite nice!

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 11:52 AM
richard jj vicek

Good afternoon, Irageo<BR>Would second the use of the INTERNAZIONALE, have stayed there about<BR>nine times since 1981, when it was $48.90 for a double.. It is in a good<BR>locatiion a few yards from the top of<BR>the Spanish Steps, Trinita di Monte and<BR>below the Corso and Condotti with many<BR>shops and ristorantes. Richard of LaGrange Park,IL.