Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Which Paris Marriott chain hotel would you recommend?

Nov 8th, 2007, 05:29 AM
Original Poster

I'll be going to Paris for the first time next May and my choices of hotel are all the Marriott chain hotels. (I won the trip on charity auction and these are my choices).

Between Marriott Champs Elysees; Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel; Hotel Le Parc Trocadero (formerly Sofitel Demuere Le Parc); Marriott Rive Gauche; Marriott Le Defence or Courtyard Paris Neuilly which would you recommend?

Thanks.
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:52 AM

The two that are not within Paris's city limits, Neuilly and Defense, would come off my list right away.
And the Rive Gauche location isn't where I would want to stay either.

tripadvisor has good reviews on the Champs-Elysees
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...de_France.html

and on the Vendome
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...de_France.html

and on the Trocadero.

The Vendome is the smallest of those three in terms of number of rooms, and the location would have a slight edge for me, but each location has its pluses.

Nov 8th, 2007, 06:43 AM

I like the Renaissance Paris Vendome. We stayed there and I would go back. The rooms are on the smaller size but very, very clean and bright. The staff are friendly and I also like the little swimming pool they have. It is located on a very quite street that is very close to everything. The restaurant Pinxo is excellent.
Nov 8th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. The Renaissance Vendome sounds good; now if I can get it booked for the dates I want!
Nov 8th, 2007, 09:52 PM
DAX

I would pick Marriott Champs Elysees over any of them. The rooms are almost like the Four Seasons rooms.
Nov 9th, 2007, 02:39 AM

I've stayed in the Sofitel Le Parc several times and it is (or was) one of our favorite hotels. We love the location...on an attractive street in a terrific neighborhood. You're a two minute walk from the Place Victor Hugo (where the Victor Hugo metro stop is) and the shopping and restaurants along the Ave. Victor Hugo. You're also a very short walk from the Trocadero with its drop dead gorgeous views of the Eiffel Tower.

The facade of the hotel is beautiful. Le Parc Trocadero also has arguably the prettiest hotel terrace in Paris. It's a wonderful place to relax with a drink.

I don't know whether the decor will change or what the staff and service are now like, but we were always very pleased with the hotel as a Sofitel. I think it has the best location of the bunch if you want to be in an upscale residential neighborhood near the sites but not in tourist central.

The standard rooms are a little small (still decent by Paris standards), the more deluxe rooms are quite spacious.
Nov 9th, 2007, 05:39 AM

Marriott C.E. might be the newest of them...
Nov 9th, 2007, 09:51 AM

I have only stayed at the Vendome, so cannot compare, but was very happy with my 7 day stay there.

We stayed on points, so it was free to me, and they included a very nice breakfast every morning. The usual breads, meats, cheeses, fruit & juice, but also hot cooked to order eggs.

No view from our room - it over looked a courtyard - so it was very quiet. We did get an upgrade due to DH's Marriott Plat status to a deluxe room. It had a nice big bathroom with sep tub and a step in shower. Room was a decent size, not as small as regular rooms are reported to be.

I never had a chance to get into the pool - we were go go go - but it looked as if it would have been quite nice. Hotel was very close to the metro - excellent location on a quiet street.
Nov 9th, 2007, 06:50 PM

The Champs Elysees Marriott was terrific -- right in the middle of everything and a great staff.