Reload this Page >

Which one would you choose?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2003, 10:53 AM
serpico

Going to Nice in August and have a choice of three hotels all double rooms with seaview rooms inc breakfast.<BR>1)West End @214 euro<BR>2)Westminster @ 171 euro<BR>3)La Perouse @287 euro<BR>Can you help or come up with any better suggestions for hotels.La Perouse has got great reviews on fodors site.Many thanks.

Old Feb 10th, 2003, 11:58 AM
pop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
La Parouse is hard to beat. I have never stayed at the other two but believe they are closer to the airport. If money is no consideration, I loved the La Perouse for location, ambiance and view. The staff was professional but reserved.<BR><BR>Any location near Place Messina would be a consideration too.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 09:33 AM

My wife and I stayed at the Westminster twice in 2000 and found it very nice.<BR>You want to be certain that you get a renovated room as we did, but I imagine that shouldn't be a problem. Renovation surely has been completed throughout by now.<BR>The one minor irritation we experienced was with breakfast- because of understaffing, getting a cup of coffee wasn't always speedy, even by European standards.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 10:51 AM
lynlor

La Perouse is terrific...stafff great, room with view of the sea is the best, awsome bathroom!! One downside is the breakfast that I believe was included. Breakfast is mediocre at best. <BR><BR>Overall, the hotel is just the best in the area,IMHO.

Old Feb 11th, 2003, 11:10 AM

A La Perouse room with a view is my idea of heaven on earth! We stayed in one twice in the '90's. The breakfast was O.K. Eggs, etc. are available if you want to pay extra. Doubt if we'll get to stay there again as the view rooms are now out of our price range. But our screen saver is a gorgeous photo of the view from our window of the entire curve of the Baie des Anges [bay of the angels] so we still get to enjoy the memory.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 12:40 PM
serpico

Many thanks for your input;looks like La Perouse is the pick of the three hotels but I can't see us spending much time indoors at that time of the year;planning to make many trips to other destinations as we will be just using Nice as our base.So will probably go for the Westminster as it is the cheapest unless anyone can convince me tha La Perouse is worth the spluge ~over 100 euros difference.

Old Feb 11th, 2003, 01:32 PM
pop

Okay Serpico, I'm confussed.<BR><BR>You stated you had a choice of 3 hotels. If you are paying for it, why don't you have a choice of all hotels? If price is a consideration, you can find cheaper. I have stayed at the Golden Tulip-Aston which usually has good sales on the internet for just over $100. It is in a good location but not on the ocean although we could see the ocean from our room.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 01:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I stayed at the Perouse yeas ago and I loved it.<BR>Breakfast on the terrace was under a lemon tree and I plucked one. I swear it tasted like a grapefruit. Make sure your room doesnt wall with the open shaft.
Old Feb 11th, 2003, 03:31 PM
lynlor

serpico,<BR>If you think la Perouse is a splurge, why did you mention it or even consider it.