Reload this Page >

Which is better?

Search

Which is better?

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2002, 07:26 AM
Marie

Which is better?

I am trying to decide between Paris and Rome. I want a place where the food is good, not too expensive and plenty to see.. which place should I pick?

Old May 22nd, 2002, 08:10 AM
Capo

Hi Marie. Ah, along with Venice, my favorite cities in Europe (and I suspect I have a lot of company.) <BR><BR>You'll find very good food in both cities and, also, both cities have plenty to see. In my opinion, it seems to be bit harder to find inexpensive accomodations in Rome than in Paris, but they do exist. <BR><BR>Paris, IMO, is more "grand", with large boulevards and monumental buildings, whereas Rome is more intimate and compact. The overall color of the cities is also different: Paris is "cooler", with shades of gray and white, whereas Rome is "warmer", with shades of yellow, ochre, and brown. Like the colors, I also have found the people in Rome to be somewhat warmer, overall, than in Paris. Rome has more fountains, but the Seine in Paris is a more beautiful river than the Tiber in Rome. <BR><BR>I think you'll have a great trip, no matter which one you pick. Good luck!

Old May 22nd, 2002, 08:20 AM
Jack

Paris is a lot cheaper than Rome.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 08:53 AM
xxx

Paris is the place for you.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 09:08 AM
dan woodlief

It's about even, but I do agree about the lower cost of rooms in Paris. Paris is also less chaotic. Chaos is not all negative though. I think in Rome you are so engulfed in locals everywhere you go (well, except a few major tourist spots) that it is somewhat easier to get a feel for life in the city. Food is amazing in both places if you pick the right spots. In my opinion, it is easier to find so-so food in Paris.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 09:29 AM
Bubba J Smellins

Paris has dang good chicken-fried steak and pretty good Tex-Mex. We even got Taco Bell, so cheap eats is no problem. Weather is hotter 'n' drier than a horse's mouth in a panhandle dust storm. Unfortunately, none of the film was shot here, so not much to see 'cept our Eiffel Tower and a coupla historic houses, most notably the home of Confederate General Sam Bell Maxey who was our local hero in the North's War of Aggression.<BR><BR>Don't know nothin' about Rome. Maybe some damn Yankee can tell you about New York.