Which hotel in Munich?

Aug 7th, 2002, 06:57 AM
Jen

Which hotel in Munich?

I booked a room at the Intercity Hotel in Munich for about 3 months now. I browsed a little longer for other Hotels and received an offer from Hotel Torbrau. This is for 200 euros and the Intercity is 280 euros - which would you recommed?
Thanks,
Jen

Aug 7th, 2002, 07:52 AM
judy

Jen,
Don't have personal knowledge on either hotel, but if you do a search on hotels in Munich, you will find information on the Hotel Torbrau, as others have posted information on that hotel many times. If I remember correctly, it received good reviews.

Aug 7th, 2002, 07:59 AM
Kendra

Hi Jen,
We stayed at the Torbrau in May and would recommend it. The location is great, service & breakfast are both good.

There is an italian restaurant next door that's a little pricey, but the food is excellent.

Have a great trip!

Aug 9th, 2002, 05:28 AM
xxx

I'm not familiar with the Torbrau. However, we stayed at the InterCity (the one at the Hauptbahnhof, as I'm not sure if there is more than one). It was your standard American-style hotel. It was expensive on weekdays and cheaper on the weekend. The area of the Hauptbahnhof certainly has no charm, but it's location could not be beaten for convenience. We were pleased.

Aug 9th, 2002, 06:12 AM
Dick

Stayed at the Torbrau in March and agree with Kendra's comments. Nice place, easy to get to if you're driving and convenient to everything.