FCO hotel info request

Search

FCO hotel info request

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 07:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FCO hotel info request

I have been lurking on the forum for a few very enjoyable months, getting information to put together a trip to Italy in October. The wealth of information is just incredible - what a wonderful find the site was! Thanks to all of you.

Finally I registered and now I have a question:

Is it possible to walk from the Hilton Garden Inn at Rome airport to the terminal? I phoned the Hilton Rome Airport and the reservations clerk said that one could do it in about 5 minutes. The "other" Hilton is soooo expensive.

We have a very early departure and I am just too nervous to trust a taxi to get us there on time. (I know, I know, the general advice is to stay in the city, but...)
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 07:53 PM
J62

No, the Hilton Garden Inn is not close enough to the terminals to walk.

You should not be concerned about a taxi. There are gazillions of them floating around the airport, and your hotel clerk can call one for you in about 5min or less.

Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 07:58 PM
J62

If I recall the hotel also has a free shuttle. How early is your flight? If they don't have driver that early then take a taxi.
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 08:20 PM

It sounds as though you're unsure about staying the night before departure in Rome, but I'm not sure. If that's the issue, you've got nothing to worry about. You can have the Rome hotel make a taxi reservation the day before departure.
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 08:28 PM

I can't imagine an airport hotel like this NOT have a 24-hour shuttle to the terminals.
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 09:22 PM

I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn several months ago (and have another reservation soon). They have a shuttle which takes you to the airport terminal. You CANNOT walk it. I remember needing the shuttle at 7 AM for our flight and all we needed to do was tell the desk clerk the night before and all was well.

It was a great hotel.