Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Where to stay when flying into Stansted?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2007, 10:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning a trip to London possibly in May 07. The only option we have is to fly into Stansted. I would like to know the best/cheapest place to stay that is close to the airport with a shuttle. We will not be driving so we will be depending on buses and trains. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 10:53 PM

Do you need the hotel on your way back for an early morning flight, and if so, at what time? The Radisson SAS is right at Stansted, but I doubt it's cheap. Depending on the time of your flight, it might be easiest to stay in London and use one of several modes of transport.

Here's some other Stansted hotels:
http://stansted.airporthotelguide.com/
Old Jan 16th, 2007, 11:16 PM

I spent one night last January at George Green Farm
(B and B) in Little Hallingbury (near Bishops Stortford) as I had to catch an early morning flight. The owner picked me up at Bishops Stortford as I was coming from London and drove me to the airport the next morning (free of charge.
Price was €75 for one night. It's an old farmhouse full of antique furniture and there is a nice pub almost next door.
I would not hesitate to go back.
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 06:26 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Why do you want to saty near Stansted? For an early morning flight or something? If not there is no reason to stay at/near the airport.

Or did you really mean - you are &quot;flying into Stansted and want a <u>London hotel</u> that is convenient for transport to the airport&quot;

If so you can stay anywhere you want in London. There is a train from Stansted into Liverpool Street station in central London and from there you can easily take the tube or buses to any part of town . . . .
Old Jan 17th, 2007, 08:33 AM

The nearest places with a) cheap accomodation &amp; b) cheapish transport links are Cambridge &amp; London.