Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Brussels??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Jim

Planning a first trip to Brussels and was considering staying at Le Dixseptieme,sounds nice,I can get a good weekend rate.<BR>Where do you fellow Fodorites stay when you're in Brussels and why?

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 07:48 PM
meg

ttt for hotel information!!

Old Aug 12th, 2002, 08:19 PM
olga

Le dixseptieme was nice, we stayed there last summer. Location is very good, and the hotel has an old european charm to it. It is very different from chains, with perhaps a little less comfort but still very nice.

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 02:11 PM
nik

My sister and I stayed at the Novotel, which is steps from the Grand Palace and Central Station. Great location, great price. There's a Le Meridian if you want something more upscale, but the Novotel was ideal for travelers.

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 04:40 PM
BillJ

We stayed at le Dixseptieme spring of '01, for one night, and found the hotel to be excellent. It is so near the old town square, and plenty of waffle vendors very nearby. The staff was very friendly, and helped us with restaurant selections and reservations. We would recommend it most highly.<BR>Our room was a split level, with nice bathroom, bedroom and separate "living room." Very clean and neat. Terry cloth robes were one of the nice touches.<BR>Le Dixseptieme means the 17th, commemorating the 17th of a month (can't remember which month, or the year either) at which time Belgium gained independence. I think the story goes something like that.<BR>The building itself is very old, but modernized, and was once the home of the Spanish ambassador a few hundred years ago. Enjoy!