Where to meet someone in Rome Airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be traveling with my sister who is scheduled to arrive at Leonardo di Vinci (Fiumicino) airport in Rome a couple hours earlier than we do. I don't recall any seating in the luggage pick up area and I hate to ask her to schlepp all the way to the Europcar counter by herself. Does anyone know of a good place to meet at that airport for people who have collected their bags? Thanks for any help you can give.
Old May 5th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

C'mon folks. Can't you please help with this question? Where do you meet other persons traveling with you when you both fly into Rome? Thanks.
Old May 5th, 2004, 12:52 PM

I just pulled up www.worldairportguide.com. There is a complete section in English on the Fiumicino airport with all kinds of info. I think this should help you.
Old May 5th, 2004, 12:58 PM
dln

Julie, why don't you have your sister pass the time at whatever restaurant she fancies, and then have her meet you at the baggage claim when your flight arrives? When we got into Rome, we waited a full hour for our bags to come. If your sister met you at the bags carousel, it wouldn't be so boring waiting!

Old May 5th, 2004, 01:18 PM

As you depart baggage claim there is one wide door where all of the limo drivers stand with their signs. It is crowded, but it is definable.
Old May 7th, 2004, 04:57 AM

As you will be there several hours before her, my suggestion would be that you collect your bags and get the rental car. There is a multi-story car park opposite Terminal C (international arrivals) where you could park, you could meet her at inside the terminal after she has collected her bags and come through the doors from customs into the main arrivals hallway. (This area is where the limo drivers and relatives are, you aren't allowed inside the baggage/customs area.)

The website for Fiumicino airport is adr.it (Click on English in the upper right corner.) The people at Europecar should be able to give you directions to the multi-story car park if you can't get if from the website.

Another useful site is the world airport guide, the site for Fiumicino airport is worldairportguide.com/Airports/fco/fco.asp (You can also access the adr.it website from this page.)
Old May 7th, 2004, 05:24 AM

OK, I just re-read you message and see that she arrives first. If she doesn't want to pick up the rental car herself, then my suggestion would be that she go to the Hilton hotel attached to the airport and have breakfast/lunch. She could also sit around the pool (as she will have her luggage with her and can presumably find a swimsuit). She can walk to the Hilton from Terminal C (about 15 minutes via a skybridge) or take the hotel shuttle. As she is not staying there, she may need to finesse getting on the shuttle if they ask (which they probably won't). The bellman should be able to hold her luggage (again, she may have to say she has just checked out).

Hilton Rome Airport
Via Arturo Ferrarin, Rome Fiumicino, IT 00050
Tel: 39-06-65258 Fax: 39-06-65256525
Hilton.com

When you arrive, you can go get the rental car and then go collect her at the Hilton.

Old May 7th, 2004, 07:45 AM

Cicerone, what great advice! Now that you mentioned it, the airport Hilton is the ONLY place to meet. I would NEVER meet someone at a baggage claim - yuck!.
Old May 8th, 2004, 04:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. I knew there was a Hilton at the airport I just hadn't realized it was fairly easy to get to. I think that's the clear ticket. She'll be greatful for this good idea. Thank you.