Where to go next vacation?

Oct 3rd, 2007, 08:21 PM
Original Poster

Where to go next vacation?

We're just back from Venice, the Dolomites and Garmisch, Germany, plus a bit of Austria and a whirlwind day in London. We loved them all! We've also visited Scotland and Spain. Of course, it's a let-down when vacations are over...what to do? Start planning the next trip! I'd love some ideas...help me come up with some possibilities for next September or October time frame. We are a married couple, 49 and 51 years old, with two to three weeks to travel in mid September 2008. Thanks so much!
Oct 3rd, 2007, 08:28 PM

Switzerland

Paris & Amsterdam
Oct 3rd, 2007, 08:32 PM

Do you have any special interests? My husband and I enjoy hill walking and that has led us to southern Italy and France and just a few days ago, southwest England. We have a friend who enjoys fishing and he's always trying to find another great fishing hole. Sometimes if you have something you really want to do, the destination finds you.
Oct 3rd, 2007, 08:59 PM
Original Poster

Very good theory, Mermaid, thanks! We enjoy mountains, good food and wine, and scenic countryside, with day trips into the city for shopping, museums, etc and people watching. We don't appreciate crowds and traffic too much. Hubby doesn't mind driving, and I enjoy learning some conversational French, Spanish, German, Italian or local language and researching what to see or do. It keeps me going till the next trip.

We've also been to Denmark, and a bit of Sweden.

How about Greece, or Portugal? Tuscany and Switzerland are definitely intriguing to us, too. Ireland sounds fascinating... we're in the early stages of possibilities, and it'll be fun all the way up to take-off!
Oct 3rd, 2007, 09:17 PM

I agree with Suze. Switzerland would be ideal for you, especially as you like mountains. The train system is so great that you can get anywhere and everywhere in Switzerland by train, even to remote places via cable car, etc.
Jane