Using Un-tours in Italy

Old Jan 25th, 2005, 06:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Using Un-tours in Italy

Have any of you used Untours in Tuscany or Switzerland? We are considering them for next year in either country.
Old Jan 25th, 2005, 06:36 PM

I haven't used UnTours before, but I've read about them and it looks like something I'd be interested in. Keep me updated on what you find.
Old Jan 25th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Amy

I have used Untours in Switzerland, Portugal, Austria...and Vietnam. (But that one has been cancelled by the company, alas. Perhaps some day it will start again.)

I stayed in Reuti, Hasliberg region in Switzerland in June of 2001 with four others and had a marvelous time. The Untours planning and assistance is terrific; it's enough to be comfortable, and not so much as to be intrusive. And all of the company's profits go to helping to build business in developing countries. I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Taussig (the founder) in Switzerland, quite by chance; what a wonderful person he is.

I'd be with Untours again in a heartbeat this year, but I'm planning to go to China, so....I'm on my own!
Old Jan 26th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Original Poster

Thankyou Amy, I appreciate the information. Now it will be a tossup between Tuscany and Switzerland. I'm leaning toward Switzerland as my grandparents were married there in Tagerwilen in 1889.
Old Jan 26th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Amy

Switzerland is absolutely beautiful, of course; it was also Untours' first location and continues to be the most popular. I haven't tried their Tuscany one yet, but it would have to go far to top the Swiss experience.

You've probably already checked these out, but if not, they have trip logs on their website from people who've been on the trips and "idyllchat" for discussing the ins and outs of locations with other Untourists.

(Hey, honest, I really don't work for them... )